• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Is there such thing as interpretation of dreams? Witchcraft?

There is something I wanted to share with my sisters & brothers.

It's been troubling me & just want guidance in this topic.
Concerning dreams & witchcraft, (If reading palms, tarot cards, & prays for other saints, playing with the board game, cant spell it & etc.) Does that falls in witchcraft? I'm Hispanic (PR) dont know why I shared that but being that I'm hispanic & growing up where my family is Catholic but also they believe in santeria & also I have always in the past was interested in the spiritual realms and @ the very young age I did something at 12 that it's haunting me where it's seriously a matter where it's private but know what's behind it WHICH I no longer want to partake in it but it keeps coming back to mind & saying I'm the devil daughter,

omgosh its truly scary to even think about it but NOT all but some hispanic heritage knows what im talking about speaking of santeria. At the age of my teenage years I had a dream where I stood in front of a house and saw a very large dark angel. he was just there looking at me flapping his wings and just staring at me and felt a very bad fear and looked down and when i looked up he was no longer there but had something in my hands when I opened my hands I had him in my hands & it was glowing... When I 1st experienced a very anxiety attack full of fear I went to a pastor of 1 of my friend and just looking at me he said I can smell you & stinks and actually spoke about how my home is infested of demons and actually said is your family practicing santeria (witchcraft?) I said yes and as the pastor was walking towards me I was actually saying no no no when he layed his hands on me I started to scream an excruciating scream and he said to me speak in tongues but I didn't for fear that i would commit an unpardonable sin. What was that?

And to share more the very house I saw in my dream in my teenage yr is the very house I'm living... Please help & most importantly please pray before answering cause there is something that's not letting go & my own family is at stake & because I'm the only 1 that seeking & saved I'm taking this matter seriously & I tell my blood sister to please not look into practicing such things or seek guidance in witchcraft...

I pray for Jesus to deliver our family from so much generational curse

Active
In the name of Jesus ... a phrase said at the close of a prayer. Burn it into your mind. It is a phrase the Devil hates for it tells him that you now answer to a higher authority whom he rebelled against and lost. As I understand, Santeria is an occult practice which combines West African Yoruban gods with Roman Catholic saints. How is that supposed to work? I agree that life can be intimidating when one is outnumbered. That does not mean when it is over. God has the final say on any thing and every thing.

Take heart and comfort, Sister, in knowing that when you belong to Jesus, he will not let go of you. Ever. If you read through the letters of Paul, he often encountered opposition, and some of it deadly. I know they are just words on a page. If anyone understood Jesus, it was Paul. If you wish, read about a missionary whose name is Mary Slessor. She often walked a fine line of acknowledging tribal beliefs while spreading the Word. She stood a sky scraping five feet high and not an imposing figure. But, she had faith and determination to spread her faith in a land that was unfriendly to women., or outsiders in general. Cheers.

@Shutterbug

It is something that I will not take lightly but in time when I can & feel ready when God leads to read about such women. I will,, thank you for your reply and yes in prayers need to leave such things behind my mind but because of such practices among my family I truly feel there is a responsibility towards my part to preach the gospel... My uncle died which he was the one who used to read tarot cards & all, me knowing the truth I didn't once said anything about Jesus to him but knowing the truth I went to him to seek guidance of such a cult but knew in my heart it was wrong... He died of diabetic & only in his late 40s just sitting eating a plate of food he had a heart attack & died... My grandfather died also of a young age & instead of praying for him i was so consumed in my own self. So yes I have alot of GUILT I live with

Active
Greetings in the Lord Jesus
Choose this day whom you will serve, and do it; comes to mind.
Even the angels have a job to do. This one flapping his wings and looking upon you is not sent to harm you but assist you if you so choose. Remember he is a dark angel. You have power over him, he is in your hand and glowing...
Pray God give you wisdom and understanding, always in the name of Jesus.
All praise, glory and honor be unto God. Amen

Active
@Shutterbug

So yes, I have alot of GUILT I live with

I know that feeling, too. What's done is done and cannot be changed. Trust me, the Devil will use that guilt to cripple your walk with Jesus as much as possible. Let go of the past as it cannot be changed. Turn it over to Jesus and let him deal with the hard stuff. He promised peace and a sound mind to his disciples, not guilt and its condemnation. He will show you a way as doors can be opened in surprising ways.

I am not suggesting you throw caution to the wind by gathering every one around the table and preach to them. If some one does ask, do not be afraid to tell them. Billy Graham had a marvelous style. He didn't care who you were or what you had done. His only concern was that others get their heart right with God through invitation. Phil 4:8.

Active
Oh Yamira, oh you poor girl. Your childhood sounds a bit like one of those dodgy cheap 1970s horror films. It seems your family is almost captivated in occult rituals and practices and actively sought to draw you into it. How on Earth did you manage to come through that with any sanity and even with a faith in God? Stoopid question. The answer is that God called you, Jesus saved you and the Holy Spirit is healing you (Thank you God for such a dramatic rescue of my lovely sweet sister, bless you Lord).

To answer your question, in the Bible several heroes and prophets had dreams from God, mostly in the Old Testament but also Peter in Acts 9:9-48. The most notable was Joseph (as in Technicolor Dreamcoat) and Daniel, and there were plenty of others. There is one common thread with all of their dreams, God immediately gave the dreamer the interpretation. It was a direct message from God. I'm sure therefore that the dreams you describe are not from God. So were they from demonic forces within you? Absolutely not. God gives you protection from Satan and demons, they have no power over you. You are possessed not by demons but by the Holy Spirit. The dreams you describe are quite normal for anyone that's had what seems to be quite a screwed up upbringing, your subconscious mind recalls these events, twists them about a bit and gives you a nightmare. It's your mind, not demons at play. Satan is a deceiver, anything that goes wrong he claims credit for it, claiming that it's his power, it's not. What's my authority? For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12 NKJV. In reality it's not our battle, we wouldn't stand a chance in a battle against Satan but because you are God's chosen and appointed, that table has turned 180, it's now Satan who doesn't stand a chance, he's in a battle for survival, and he's already lost it! Another example of Satan the deceiver, is the misnomer that witchcraft is powerful. It's not, it depends upon it's victim's superstitions and misguided belief that tricks them into fulfilling their prediction or spell.

So to correct your OP, no you're not the devil's daughter. Nope, you're my sister and God's called and anointed daughter, saved by the shed blood of Christ Jesus, on a hill outside Jerusalem.

I can relate to your post. I didn't have anything like the traumatic upbringing that you described. However the Sunday School and church I went to as a kiddie did lots of hell, fire and damnation preaching in those days and that must have got to me because I remember vividly dreaming one night that I died, went to Heaven but didn't get past the front door, I remember Jesus shaking his head at me. When I woke up, that was it; it scared the life out of me and so I decided I needed to accept God's invitation there and then, so that that dream would never come true. I remember when I gave my testimony a year or two later, the preacher announced that that was the worst testimony he'd ever heard, but it was the truth. Anyway from that unlikely and inauspicious beginning my faith has had more ups and downs than a game of snakes and ladders but its stood the test of time. The reason I recount that is to show you that sometimes God can speak to you in a dream and sometimes your mind just goes into overdrive but never can Satan invade your head and give you a dream. Believe me, if he could, he would but he can't. He doesn't have that power over a believer.

With regards to your family, I would say please don't preach to them, rather shine like a light in a dark place. Show love and kindness, explain why Jesus means what He does to you but in conversation if the subject crops up rather than a diatribe. Invite them to your church and then onto your place for lunch. People prefer to be drawn in rather than converted. Most important of all prayer, you can only plant a seed, the rest is for God.

Finally don't beat yourself up because you didn't preach to your uncles, it probably wouldn't have made any difference anyway because like I say, most people don't respond to preaching, many more are drawn to a light that shines brightly.

=================================

Dear Father God, I pray urgently for my sweet beautiful sister Yamira. Thank you God for her calling and redemption, What a challenge you had there, but you were more than up to it, and brought her through. I pray Lord for ongoing healing in her mind, helping her to chill, relax and bathe in your love. I pray that her healing will be palpable so it will set her aside when she goes to see family and with a piqued interest she can draw them to you. Please God work within Yamira for the sakes of yourself, her ongoing deeper experience of you and her family's salvation.

Give her the wisdom, strength and armour that she needs to resist temptation and unhealthy thoughts based upon deceit and lies, especially this issue she refers to from when she was 12. Please God, through your Holy Spirit give her the reassurance that ALL sin, past, present and future is covered by Jesus' redemption and your forgiveness. Please cast that notion away so can focus on what an incredible, amazing and (almost) unbelievable God she and I served.

We ask this because we love her and adore you dear God.

Amen.

Amen, Praise God and thank you for sharing your testimony and encouragement, praise the Lord.
Amen

Staff Member
So to correct your OP, no you're not the devil's daughter. Nope, you're my sister and God's called and anointed daughter, saved by the shed blood of Christ Jesus, on a hill outside Jerusalem

yes

Dear Father God, I pray urgently for my sweet beautiful sister Yamira. Thank you God for her calling and redemption, What a challenge you had there, but you were more than up to it, and brought her through. I pray Lord for ongoing healing in her mind, helping her to chill, relax and bathe in your love. I pray that her healing will be palpable so it will set her aside when she goes to see family and with a piqued interest she can draw them to you. Please God work within Yamira for the sakes of yourself, her ongoing deeper experience of you and her family's salvation.

Give her the wisdom, strength and armour that she needs to resist temptation and unhealthy thoughts based upon deceit and lies, especially this issue she refers to from when she was 12. Please God, through your Holy Spirit give her the reassurance that ALL sin, past, present and future is covered by Jesus' redemption and your forgiveness. Please cast that notion away so can focus on what an incredible, amazing and (almost) unbelievable God she and I served.

We ask this because we love her and adore you dear God.

Amen.

amen

Staff Member
Greetings Yamira,

From what i understand, you have repented and turned to the Lord.

May i ask, have you ever seen a cloud in the sky? I am sure you have seen plenty.
Now, i ask, do you think you will ever see them again? I can tell you that you will not.

Please be encouraged in the following,

isaiah-44-22.jpg

psalms-145-18.jpg

isaiah-41-10-2.jpg

Bless you ....><>

romans-8-38-39-3.jpg

Active
Amen, Praise God and thank you for sharing your testimony and encouragement, praise the Lord.
Amen

Hi Yamira, not heard from you for a while so just checking you're still on top of things and praising God, well hope so. Please let us know if there's anything else needing prayer. Hope you, bf and fam have a lovely Christmas xx