1. Prayer Requests

Book of Malachi Bible Study

This was God’s warning through Malachi to tell the people to turn back to God. As the final book of the Old Testament closes, the pronouncement of God’s justice and the promise of His restoration through the coming Messiah is ringing in the ears of the Israelites.

View this Study

2. Featured Thread

Unlimiting God

An excellent sermon by Francis Chan. Give this a view and listen. He's inspiring and very passionate about Jesus Christ and us living fully for God's Kingdom.

View This Video

3. Featured Thread

There is a lot of noise, lots of "religions" and beliefs out there to confuse anyone. But, Jesus is real. He loves you, He's ready to forgive you for all your sins and make your heart His dwelling place. Read about God's characteristics and attributes and get to know the real Jesus today.

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior?
    How To Be Friends With God
    Why believe in Christianity?
    The Attributes of God

View the Seeking Jesus forum

4. Featured Thread

The Healing Tree

Have you ever experienced a bitter disappointment in life? Perhaps you are going through a time of incredible testing right now. Well, today you can be encouraged as Derek explains that “Man’s disappointments are God’s appointments.” Through the bitter waters of Marah, God revealed the way to healing through the “The Healing Tree.”

View This Sermon

5. Prayer Requests

Need Prayer?

Submit your prayer request today and we'll pray for you.

"For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.”
    Matthew 18:20

Submit a Prayer Request

6. Prayer Requests

Psalm 37:4

This message examines what your desires reveal about you, the requirements for getting the desires of your heart, and the consequences when you manipulate circumstances to satisfy your desires.

View this Sermon

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Scarlett, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Scarlett

Expand Collapse

Jul 23, 2011
    North Texas
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Scarlett. I'm new here and somewhat new to learning about Christianity. I say somewhat, because I feel I have a basic knowledge (and somewhat of an understanding) of Christianity, however, for a long time I was one of those people who 'knew about it' and knew it was all a load of baloney. A couple of years ago, I became interested in actually defending atheism. I thought all religions were silly, and was intent to show people why their beliefs were silly, as well. Upon confronting some people, it became obvious that I knew far less about Christianity than I thought I did. So, still wholly intending to prove my point, I decided to arm myself with knowledge and learn more about it. I started listening to Christian talk radio, purchased a couple different versions of the Bible and set out to learn why I didn't believe it.
    The funny thing is, along the way, I started to question myself. Don't misread this, though. While I don't 'not believe' anymore, I can't say that I do believe, either. I think I still have a lot more to learn to be able to make a decision one way or the other. I have too much respect for Christianity - and for myself - to just pick something and go with it without understanding why I feel or believe the way I do.
    I look forward to talking with all of you here and deepening my understanding of Christianity.
  2. agua

Expand Collapse

Dec 5, 2010
    Gold Coast
    G'day Scarlett,

Boy your story is uplifting. So many people should take notice of your approach to investigating Christianity. You have been rewarded for this. If you continue to seek Jesus you will grow closer and closer to Him and He will reveal more and more to you. It will be good to hear more as your relationship grows.

Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

There are many brothers and sisters here that can help with any questions you have along the way.

God bless you and welcome.
  3. skipbeat

Expand Collapse

May 24, 2010
    With the Lord!+
    Welcome to TJ Scarlett . Thank you for the beautiful uplifting story . Hope you find all that you seek here on TJ! Blessingsssssss
  4. dannibear

Expand Collapse

Dec 6, 2009
    A famous author and professor named C.S Lewis also began
    his journey to disprove Christianity the same way you did.
    And now he has become one of the biggest spokespeople
    for Christ the world has known. (Besides Jesus.) He was an
    atheist who read the Bible to prove why Christianity was
    full of contradictions, but found himself converted before he knew
    The best way to approach this really is with questions.
    That is actually how Jesus helped people in the Bible
    see themselves and certain circumstances surrounding them.
    He even answered questions with questions.
    So Scarlett, I welcome you to TJ, and I hope that you
    look more into the Bible for your answers. Sometimes things
    aren't what they seem in the real world. I also suggest you
    read Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. They contain Jesus' ministry.
    The reason I ask you to read those four books of the Bible is
    because Jesus is God. What Jesus did and said, is what God
    would do. If you question God's love for you...read how much
    Jesus loved you, and you will understand. :)

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

This Site Proudly Hosted by LOGICWEB