• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Staff Member
Greetings,

If you have riches, how should you deal with them and what can you do?

The world has certain riches but there are another type of riches of the Kingdom of God.

There is a clashing between the ethical use of the riches of the world and the riches of God in Christ Jesus. Here are a few verses from the Bible that tell us about the riches of the Christian.

How can Christians use these riches?

O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are His judgments, and His ways past finding out !
Romans 11:33

How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.
2Corinthians 8:2

In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace;
Ephesians 1:7

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
Ephesians 1:18

That in the ages to come He might shew the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 2:7

That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man;
Ephesians 3:16

But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Colossians 1:27

That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; In Whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
Colossians 2:2-3

Bless you ....><>

Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ
Ephesians 3:8

Last edited:
Staff Member
The world has certain riches but there are another type of riches of the Kingdom of God.

There is a clashing between the ethical use of the riches of the world and the riches of God in Christ Jesus. Here are a few verses from the Bible that tell us about the riches of the Christian.

How can Christians use these riches?

Given we have such great riches from God, how should we use them?
Are we as thoughtful and protective over the riches of God that we have in Christ Jesus as we are with riches that the world looks to?

Much is said about the riches of the world. Christians even get disputing the ethics and morality of the worlds riches but surely there are much more important riches we should busy ourselves with.
A rich man might afford to be liberal in giving and being a philanthropist and we might applaud his generousity. A poor man might give all he has and we might exalt him as being saintly. But, what of the riches of God?

I was looking through Scripture the other day and came across a verse that i had forgotten about. upon reading it i was challenged by exactly what was being said,

Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?
Romans 2:4

Loyal
Good posts brother, I do like Rom 2:4

Riches in Heaven

Matthew 6:19-21 (NKJV)
19 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;
20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.