1. Featured Thread

Unlimiting God

An excellent sermon by Francis Chan. Give this a view and listen. He's inspiring and very passionate about Jesus Christ and us living fully for God's Kingdom.

View This Video

2. Featured Thread

Parables of Jesus

Jesus' parables are short stories that teach a moral or spiritual lesson by analogy or similarity. They are often stories based on the agricultural life that was intimately familiar to His original first century audience.

Some aspect of an unfamiliar concept, such as the kingdom of God, was compared to something from everyday life that could easily be understood.

View The Parables

3. Featured Thread

There is a lot of noise, lots of "religions" and beliefs out there to confuse anyone. But, Jesus is real. He loves you, He's ready to forgive you for all your sins and make your heart His dwelling place. Read about God's characteristics and attributes and get to know the real Jesus today.

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior?
    How To Be Friends With God
    Why believe in Christianity?
    The Attributes of God

View the Seeking Jesus forum

4. Featured Thread

Understanding Inadequacy

Poor self-image. Past failures. Weak faith. We all feel inadequate in different areas of our lives. No one is adequate within themselves to be saved or to serve God effectively. We must respond to God’s call and rely on the Holy Spirit.

View This Video

If you are married on earth will you still be married in heaven?

Discussion in 'Bible Chat' started by ricky954, Jan 18, 2005.

Share This Page

Random Thread
  1. ricky954

Expand Collapse

Matt 22 states something about marriage and heaven. I love my wife and pray we be togather until the day Jesus returns. But, the scripture didn't seem clear to me. Will I still be married? Or the subject Jesus mentions about being the Groom and we the bride cancelled out the earthly marriage. What is my brothers and sisters take on this subject.:confused:

2. mymakersdaughter

Expand Collapse

Hi Ricky,
    I haven't really read about it so I will look into it. But I have to say that I am impressed with all your questions...I look forward to them. :)

3. matthew

Expand Collapse

Hi Ricky, when we are in heaven, we are children of one Father. How can sister marry her own brother who are both from the same Father? Pls read Matthew 22:30, Mark 12:25 and Luke 20:34-35. I am married to and love my wife. Marriage is a worldly thing that God permitted for those who are unable to be single and have self control of their sexual desires. Pls read 1 Corinthians 7:1-40. It says in 1 Corinthians 7:8, to the unmarried and the widows I say it is good for them to remain single as I am. In 1 Corinthians 7:9, it says that if one cannot exercise self control than he should marry. Hope this helps. Praise the Lord.

4. evangeline

Expand Collapse

#4 evangeline, Jan 23, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
    I believe that God made marriage and families on earth so that (hopefully) everyone would have at least someone to love them and look after them.

In heaven everyone will be totally loved by everyone. The measure that you love your wife now, will be the same measure that you will love everyone in heaven, but even more so!

We will not need marriage or families in Heaven because we will be totally and eternally loved by God and our brothers and sisters. Its very hard to imagine...but I'm sure it will be extremely wonderful!

love
    evangeline

5. sw6492

Expand Collapse

There is no marriage in Heaven. You need to talk to a Pastor.

6. Bendito

Expand Collapse

Ok ok I like to go way back and dig up old posts! LOL

I've been married to the woman of my dreams for 41 years and cannot imagine not being married to her. Then one day the Lord reminded me that the marriage vows are a covenant. Unlike covenants made by God though, a marriage covenant is for a certain time limit. Until death do us part. I think though that if you want to spend eternity with your wife of this world you will have to agree on it all over again. So you had better be good so she will want to spend time with you. LOL

7. Sebastian

Expand Collapse

yes -but you wont notice it probably

but i dont know, i guess

"oh but what do you mean with that? u stupid silly boy I don't like u at all"

-well i'll tell u what i mean; heaven is probably not an experiencing place, my guess is, - seem likely. "but whyyy?(does it seem likely to you)"
    -well ill tell you that too: due to the State of Things.
    "buut what does thaat eeven meean?? why u so meaaan - can someone please remove this aggrivating people from me and my dolphin-pink-fluffy-kuddlemonster-buddie-hippegriffle-friends.. pleeaase.. (????????????)" -well i'll tell u: it means we doesnt know **** for reasons. thats why. and so it is.

I am forgiven.

8. Bendito

Expand Collapse

ROFL

9. Sebastian

Expand Collapse

10. Dovegiven

Expand Collapse

Matthew 22:23-33 (KJV)
    23 The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him,
    24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
    25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother:
    26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh.
    27 And last of all the woman died also.
    28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.
    29 Jesus answered and said unto them,
    Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
    30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
    31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,
    32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

33 And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.

Someone mentioned the bride & groom of one of Jesus' parables. If those are literal descriptions of us, being Jesus the Groom's wife, then we are farmers, we are most definitely smelly sheep needing to be sheared with bugs swarming in our nostrils, and we are eagles, and at the same time we are a great big ship on the ocean, our Captain....Jesus. There are other thngs we all are right now, if we take the bride of the groom parable as descriptive of our relationship to Jesus.

Being reasonable with just a casual reading of scriptures, it ought to be obvious to most, without reading commentaries, there are many things we are likened to. Certain attributes of children of God can be compared to characteristics of things in nature and of certain classes of people, for instance. Heaven (of the 3rd kind), where God has a golden city, gates made of pearl instead of wood, is at least as beautifully arrayed as an ancient Jewish bride presented to her husband. But God's city is not a woman, is not of feminine gender as we think of that. It's a city four square, 1,500 miles square (half the size of the USA) and high (12 floors making the total of 6 times more area of living space than the USA) are. No bride I've heard of is so big, with golden streets on 12 floors and mansions all over her, with a river of living water flowing from her such anyone would drink of. I know of none having trees of life with leaves that heal the eater of all ailments, guaranteeing eternal life in a celestial body.
    We the Church are not a city.
    Marriage will be pointless there. We will live in the eternal presence of God instead. He has promised to be our God, not our husband. All will love him. Wives on earth are not commanded to love a husband, but to submit to him. Wives should safely abide with a godly husband who is submitted to God. However, in practice that doesn't always work out. However, our experience in Heaven will always work out gloriously.