• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

How to Know What God is Saying to You.

My question is. . . How do we know what God is telling us to do?

I've always thought that I did a pretty good job at knowing what God is telling me. But this summer, I've realized that maybe I'm not hearing God correctly anymore about important things.

How do you all know that God is telling you to do something? Or if he's telling you a yes or no answer?

1. Look to the Word of God. It is the standard by which all is measured and the Lord will not direct you to do anything that conflicts with His Word.
2. Our of the mouths of two or three witnesses a thing is established, there is wisdom in a multitude of counselors. Ask trusted and seasoned Christian friends to pray about it and see what they get.
3. Do not move until you get a peace in your spirit that God is leading you. He is never to little or to late and He is more than able to speak to your heart as you wait upon Him.
4.Spend more time with Him. As we sow to the Spirit, as we invest our time in the things of God we are less likely to be confused or to have our thoughts clouded by what the world around us is doing.
To sum this up:
More Word time.
More prayer time (talking to God and fellowship with Him all day).
More worship time. This is communion and as we pour out our hearts to Him He pours out His love on us. This is a time of breakthroughs and great inner strengthening as well as a real joy.
I will be praying for you my friend! Have a blessed day in Jesus Name,
your brother Larry.