1. Prayer Requests

2 Chronicles 7:14

If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Most certainly a timely message sermon from the late Derek Prince.

View this Sermon

2. Featured Thread

Unlimiting God

An excellent sermon by Francis Chan. Give this a view and listen. He's inspiring and very passionate about Jesus Christ and us living fully for God's Kingdom.

View This Video

3. Featured Thread

There is a lot of noise, lots of "religions" and beliefs out there to confuse anyone. But, Jesus is real. He loves you, He's ready to forgive you for all your sins and make your heart His dwelling place. Read about God's characteristics and attributes and get to know the real Jesus today.

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior?
    How To Be Friends With God
    Why believe in Christianity?
    The Attributes of God

View the Seeking Jesus forum

4. Featured Thread

The Healing Tree

Have you ever experienced a bitter disappointment in life? Perhaps you are going through a time of incredible testing right now. Well, today you can be encouraged as Derek explains that “Man’s disappointments are God’s appointments.” Through the bitter waters of Marah, God revealed the way to healing through the “The Healing Tree.”

View This Sermon

5. Prayer Requests

Need Prayer?

Submit your prayer request today and we'll pray for you.

"For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.”
    Matthew 18:20

Submit a Prayer Request

6. Prayer Requests

Psalm 37:4

This message examines what your desires reveal about you, the requirements for getting the desires of your heart, and the consequences when you manipulate circumstances to satisfy your desires.

View this Sermon

Honor Your Mate

Discussion in 'Parents & Couples' started by rizen1, Nov 23, 2007.

Share This Page

1. rizen1

Staff Member
    Expand Collapse

Feb 22, 2007
    In God's Presence
    Honor Your Mate
    NLT Parenting Devotional

In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together.
    1 Peter 3:7

Honor is a word reserved for judges and dignitaries. To honor someone is to acknowledge his or her worth as one would a Supreme Court Justice or a Nobel Prize winner. We grant them a place of distinction. Honor has an important place in the marriage relationship.

To honor someone is a decision to place high value, worth, and importance on another person by viewing him or her as a priceless gift and granting him or her a position in our lives worthy of great respect, and love involves putting that decision into action. To honor someone is to treat him or her as one would a priceless heirloom, a first edition of Melville’s Moby ****, a Ming Dynasty porcelain vase, or a restored ‘67 Mustang convertible, with tender care and great respect. We grant him or her a place of distinction.

Peter admonishes that kind of treatment in the marriage relationship. On our wedding day we pledged our vows of love, commitment, and faithfulness. In so doing we are granting our spouses a place of honor in our lives. As the marriage continues, this value of honor must forever be guarded and extended. Never take each other for granted. Recognize the intrinsic worth that each brings to the relationship. Recall the sacrifices and contributions your spouse has made to your well-being and your growth and development as a person.

And, as we continue in our journey together, we can extend honor to each other by recognizing accomplishments, speaking with respect, extending common courtesies, holding each other up in prayer, supporting new ventures, overlooking shortcomings. Marriage is for better and for worse. The better part of marriage comes through this virtue of honor. Make it a hallmark of your marriage.