• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

HELP!

We all get attacked from the :evil: Devil :evil: some point in our christian life.
Well I get attacked when i am tried & sometimes the :evil: devil :evil: wins.
What should i do when i get tried & devil is attacking me?
Any ideas? Anyone?
Thank you
God Bless

:? :( :?

Administrator
Staff Member
Call out to the Lord in Jesus' name and pray when you feel tempted. Read the Bible. Think of Jesus on the Cross and all that pain he went through. Think of a verse that you memorize to help you also.

I agree with Chadi!
I love these too and they have helped me alot.

'Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.' (Proverbs 3:5-6)

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you: not as the world gives, give I to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14:27)

Psalm 121
I lift up my eyes to the hills --
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip --
He who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, He who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The LORD watches over you --
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The LORD will keep you from all harm --
He will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forever more.

Cherished One,
Calm your fevered brow. Your Father knows your needs. Keep your eyes on the problem solver not your problems. When we enlarge our Lord and his abilities and willingness to carry our burdens, the problems become smaller! Never shrink your God down to the size of your problems. If God is smaller than your problems, he is not God! There is nothing so big, so hard, that your Father in heaven cannot handle. Ask him to teach you how to trust and lean on Him. He will not and cannot fail you!
Find a quiet place, a place to be alone with him. Speak with him as if he were your best friend, because he is. Be still and let the Holy Spirit minister to you. Sometimes help comes in unexpected ways. He is in control of all that concerns you dear one.
Beloved daughter, enter His rest. Your Father is closer than you know.

Godsgirl,
After reading the other responses to your call for help, I must firstly say I agree with the suggestions to keep your eyes and heart on the lord. I also love the Psalms for times of despair and often advise friends and family to go to the Psalms. Also, if you havent already tried getting some hands on prayer maybe that would help. After you have done these things, if you continue to feel overpowered by evil, just remember that you are human as we all are, and no one is without sin. I say this because I personally beat myself up and am often too hard on myself. I hope you arent doing the same. Once you have asked God for forgiveness if you feel you have sinned, then dont forget to FORGIVE YOURSELF!

Godsgirl,
After reading your post I thought of one of my favorite passages that tell you exactly what to do when the evil one tries to attack:

"Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, agianst the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore, put on the full armor of God, so the when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all of this, take up the sheild of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God. Ephesians 6:11-17

May God bless you and keep you safe always.
God Bless
GirlforGod

heres a secret(not really but) the bible tells us we have dominion over the devil and that god gives his angels charge over us lest we strike our foot against a stone. So the devil cant do anything to you unless you let him. use the word against him and call apon the name of the lord. Let god fight for you. And praise God in the midst of the battle, when you praise god there is a release of power, in the anceint days of isreal they sent the worshipers in ahead of the army. Rely on god and he will always protect you and fight for you.