• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Halloween, How do you feel about it?

Loyal
I agree. Unfortunately, in this place where many have children I cannot see it suitable to exclude them from events which their very peers participate--otherwise they will suffer even from a young age. Also, the issue isn't holloween, but the themes and associations of it; murder and scare aren't exactly godly, but easter isn't godly either. However, easter is friendly, fun, and inviting. I would note here lastly that children have no clue of the adult war between religions, faiths, and controversy. To them, Halloween is no more than a game and something fun. Please keep this is mind.
If I lived in Utah where the Mormon Church is common I would not let my children play with their children because of the influence of that religion.

And maybe that sounds a little bit harsh but I am only protecting my children from something that's really twisted.

And I would never take my children down to Mardi Gras as that celebration if that's what you want to call it is so despicable there's no words that give it justice

I would not bother taking my children to Amsterdam or other places that are so against the laws of God .

But Halloween itself is not against the laws of God it is a celebration.

The darkness love to deceive and they are doing that with Halloween a day that should be a celebration is now looked upon by you with disdain.

You tend to forget about how the darkness works whenever it sees the light of God coming it's going to try its best to put that light out. So here we are with Halloween and Christmas . Both are celebrations in the Lord. What is the best way to get rid of them what is the best way to get rid of a day that's being celebrated in the Lord let's turn it into a something Hagan let's turn it into something that's human Santa Claus in all the buying and giving a gifts and all that kind of stuff or Easter with the rabbit or Halloween with the Devil .

They are all days that celebrate God but the devil is trying to destroy that too

So why be afraid of the darkness you should be afraid of the Lord.

Why give power to the darkness it seems like you guys are more afraid of the darkness than you are of the Lord in this matter

Loyal
I agree. Unfortunately, in this place where many have children I cannot see it suitable to exclude them from events which their very peers participate--otherwise they will suffer even from a young age. Also, the issue isn't holloween, but the themes and associations of it; murder and scare aren't exactly godly, but easter isn't godly either. However, easter is friendly, fun, and inviting. I would note here lastly that children have no clue of the adult war between religions, faiths, and controversy. To them, Halloween is no more than a game and something fun. Please keep this is mind.
Your faith needs to be as a child to enter Heaven

Loyal
Well I totally agree there. Some are so quick to point at your sins or shaming you. I am a Christian, because I believe God is love, period.
Paul actually talks about those that do not know the law but have the law written in their heart and that's very important that we Christians understand this

Because that is being written. for those that do not understand Jesus in their heads but understand Jesus in their heart

It is written for the virtuous that do not know who Jesus is or understand who he is.

Again I say love is the key

Active
Paul actually talks about those that do not know the law but have the law written in their heart and that's very important that we Christians understand this

Because that is being written. for those that do not understand Jesus in their heads but understand Jesus in their heart

It is written for the virtuous that do not know who Jesus is or understand who he is.

Again I say love is the key

I thank God that someone understands this critically important portion of scripture teachings. Amen.

Active
That is good . I am glad you understand the importance of God's love .

You can save many just by loving
No, I, we, can save no one.
Jesus is our savior. He alone saves.
I can tell you how to get saved. John the Baptist said it best...
Who has warned you vipers of the wrath to come? Come forth with gifts worthy CRYING OUT, Abba Father.
God bless

Active
In my OP I tried to convey that IMO there's no need to fear Halloween but though I don't fear it I don't celebrate it either, so apologies to the neighbourhoods' kids, sorry we ain't got no toffees for you! Instead we celebrate the victory of our Saviour Jesus Christ over death. There's not much to be grateful to Covid -19 for but last night was the quietest Halloween I can remember.

Happy All Saints Day! God bless you all.

Loyal
No, I, we, can save no one.
Jesus is our savior. He alone saves.
I can tell you how to get saved. John the Baptist said it best...
Who has warned you vipers of the wrath to come? Come forth with gifts worthy CRYING OUT, Abba Father.
God bless
You are wrong , you are not understanding what Jesus is trying to teach . Do you even know what Abba Father means - " my loving daddy "

Jesus teaches us to be like him , to be filled with love towards others and to love God the Father .

God doesn't make robots

We need to live with God's love in us and let that poor forth like a flood . Where God's love is , salvation also is

Loyal
What's worse - Halloween or the 'Dragon, Beast and False Prophet' operating in your soul, leading you to the graveyard?
What is better , to let God's Love flow out of you like a torrent , or to fear the darkness .

The darkness has no power over me . Let them come , let them feel the Sword of God

You are too lazy to pray for 2 minutes to find the will of God and would rather say that you're fearless so it's ok. Shame on you. Day of the dead, wearing costumes to scare away the demons, witches. Tricks or treats. It's wicked and God will have nothing to do with it, nor will His saints.
And stop citing fear, that is just foolish Bill, it's that you're too selfish to give up the ways of the world for Jesus, so dance with darkness and it's reward will also be yours.

Keep in mind: Choose ye this day whom you will serve.
And remember what happens to those who serve the creature not the Creator.
God is so not kidding. It is written: do not put the Lord your God to the test.
Jesus didn't pour out His blood to be put second after a kid or a stupid human custom created by satan,
Parents have the authority, not kids, and if you do not forsake all for Christ you are not worthy of Him.

Active
Keep in mind: Choose ye this day whom you will serve.
And remember what happens to those who serve the creature not the Creator.
God is so not kidding. It is written: do not put the Lord your God to the test.
Jesus didn't pour out His blood to be put second after a kid or a stupid human custom created by satan,
Parents have the authority, not kids, and if you do not forsake all for Christ you are not worthy of Him.

Why?

When will someone give me water?

Loyal
You are too lazy to pray for 2 minutes to find the will of God and would rather say that you're fearless so it's ok. Shame on you. Day of the dead, wearing costumes to scare away the demons, witches. Tricks or treats. It's wicked and God will have nothing to do with it, nor will His saints.
And stop citing fear, that is just foolish Bill, it's that you're too selfish to give up the ways of the world for Jesus, so dance with darkness and it's reward will also be yours.
Wow ! Never heard anyone tell me that ( except you know who ) lol

Why?

When will someone give me water?

______

Unbelievable!

Water, water EVERYWHERE; be wise enough to drink.
The post you commented on, along with my other post,
IS SCRIPTURE; it IS God's eternal Word.
Why don't you recognize God's Words? And, why do you think we should do YOUR work for you?

Why don't you care enough about Jesus to get God's will from God?
Jesus died so His people can live. Count the cost. Do you have anything more important in life than Jesus? PURGE IT.

There are 24 hours in a day, purge everything from your life that distracts you from your Holy Bible. Without oil in your lamp you go to hell forever. God is not kidding. Get off the boards and get into your Holy Bible: receive with meekness the implanted Word which is able to save your soul. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.

And this is eternal life, that they know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son
will not see life, for the wrath of God remains on him.

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Renew your mind. You cannot eat at the Lord's table and the demons' table. Have nothing to do with the unfruitful works of darkness instead expose them. Christ died for us that we could die to sin and live for righteousness. YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN. Do not sin. If anyone is willing to do His will, he will know of the teaching, whether it is of God or whether I speak from Myself.

See also Deut 18

You do not know God's Word, and you do not hear the voice of Holy Spirit. You have NO OIL in your lamp and you are NOT ready for the return of Jesus Christ. You are perishing. The devil has you firmly in his house. Unless you repent you will perish. Choose this day whom you will serve. Ask for the gift of the Holy Spirit.

My sheep hear My voice. Faith without works is dead.
If you BELIEVE God, you'll do what He commands. If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words.
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.

...one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her. Luke 10:42
Go there & find out what Jesus is talking about, then do it every day.
Come out from among them and be separate and touch no unclean thing...

Don't be found without oil at the Bridegroom's arrival or you will not enter into His Kingdom.

This is wisdom painted on a semi truck and the credit is not mine:
JESUS
It's best to know Him before you meet Him
stop, drop, & roll doesn't work in hell

esv.org - stay in the New Testament (Matt - Revelation) and Psalms and Proverbs until God has given you understanding; only then enjoy the entire Holy Bible.

Leave the boards and do not come back until you have been born of the Spirit. Deep calls to deep. You have no excuse.

Wow ! Never heard anyone tell me that ( except you know who ) lol

My Holy Bible says reprove, rebuke, exhort, edify, encourage and love the least of these and see to it that none fail to obtain the grace of God. I am here to please God, not men. Lukewarm gets vomited out of Jesus' mouth. Do you want to be God's puke? You are well on your way...

I've admonished you. REPENT lest you perish.

Water, water EVERYWHERE; be wise enough to drink.
The post you commented on, along with my other post, IS SCRIPTURE; it IS God's eternal Word.
Why don't you recognize God's Words? And, why do you think we should do YOUR work for you?

Why don't you care enough about Jesus to get God's will from God?
Jesus died so His people can live. Count the cost. Do you have anything more important in life than Jesus? PURGE IT.

There are 24 hours in a day, purge everything from your life that distracts you from your Holy Bible. Without oil in your lamp you go to hell forever. God is not kidding. Get off the boards and get into your Holy Bible: receive with meekness the implanted Word which is able to save your soul. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.

And this is eternal life, that they know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son
will not see life, for the wrath of God remains on him.

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Renew your mind. You cannot eat at the Lord's table and the demons' table. Have nothing to do with the unfruitful works of darkness instead expose them. Christ died for us that we could die to sin and live for righteousness. YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN. Do not sin. If anyone is willing to do His will, he will know of the teaching, whether it is of God or whether I speak from Myself.

See also Deut 18

You do not know God's Word, and you do not hear the voice of Holy Spirit. You have NO OIL in your lamp and you are NOT ready for the return of Jesus Christ. You are perishing. The devil has you firmly in his house. Unless you repent you will perish. Choose this day whom you will serve. Ask for the gift of the Holy Spirit.

My sheep hear My voice. Faith without works is dead.
If you BELIEVE God, you'll do what He commands. If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words.
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.

...one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her. Luke 10:42
Go there & find out what Jesus is talking about, then do it every day.
Come out from among them and be separate and touch no unclean thing...

Don't be found without oil at the Bridegroom's arrival or you will not enter into His Kingdom.

This is wisdom painted on a semi truck and the credit is not mine:
JESUS
It's best to know Him before you meet Him
stop, drop, & roll doesn't work in hell

esv.org - stay in the New Testament (Matt - Revelation) and Psalms and Proverbs until God has given you understanding; only then enjoy the entire Holy Bible.

Leave the boards and do not come back until you have been born of the Spirit. Deep calls to deep. You have no excuse.