• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Good Motive?

Staff Member
As for you, brothers, do not grow weary in doing good. 2 Thessalonians 3:13 ESV

Many people think Christianity is a religion of people trying to do good things. Yet doing good can make you feel obligated, obligation makes you feel resentment, and resentment makes you want to stop doing good things.

That’s where weariness comes in. You can get tired of feeling as if people expect you to be the doer of good things. Perhaps this is a part of new-life living that’s been misunderstood. You want to help some people. Some are helped because it’s the right thing to do. Maybe you’ve never considered an even greater motivation.

You don’t work harder so God might like you. Instead, the work you do opens doors to expressing other parts of your transformed life. You can express kindness and love, but you can also express good news by helping someone who is open to learning more about Jesus. The act of helping may be less important than what others learn from your willingness to help.

Paul’s encouragement to stand strong and keep helping others may have had everything to do with never missing opportunities. The opportunities are introducing others to God, and that’s hard to do from your easy chair.

Prayer: Dear God, make me willing to help others and share Your love. May Your compassion run through my actions. May opportunities make this transformed life useful. I’d love to see someone else transformed.