• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Fasting

Has anybody tried fasting. I did as a means of transformation in my faith and during pandemic.

I cannot express my results. I have encountered some problems with electrolytes but otherwise, I have got a incredible physique. I have a solid six pack. I have been working out too and eating well.

Try intermittent fasting. I do a 16 hour fast and I eat in a 8 hour window. I mostly eat chicken, fish, broccoli, asparagus, and salad. I am feeling great. I have gotten back to church too. I was using sermons and online to get my church back during pandemic.

Anyways, I hope you try fasting and get the excellent results from it. I am lighter and physically stronger. Its funny because I have not tried for aesthetics. It was my own ascetic practice and sacrifice for God.

Hey! Late response perhaps :D Nonetheless, I wanted to share a bit about my experience with it. I have been doing intermittent fasting for quite some time, life got in the way last year and so I couldn't follow as diligently. However, now that I'm back on track I'm sticking with an 18-6 fast and it works wonders. I've done a 24hr fast for several days in a row as well (OMAD), and even though the longer the fasting hours the bigger the benefits reaped, I had to switch to my previous schedule. It felt too restrictive for me. I might do a 24hr fast monthly though, it's a great metabolic reset (and it strengthens our spirits).

IF helped me gain more control over food, as I can also focus entirely on my activities during the fasting window. I have my meals early in the day, that way I go to bed without feeling stuffed or anything of the sort (which used to be an issue, since complex carbs take longer to digest). 10/10 would recommend to anyone, it certainly trained my willpower!

As for the electrolyte issues, the key is consuming sea salt and drinking enough water during the fasting period. Salt (pink Himalayan sea salt is best) is vital in balancing electrolytes, potassium is just as important. The main takeaway is getting enough of these minerals.

Congrats on your results and keep the effort going! Your long term health will thank you for it :)
God bless!

Active
I fast 10 to 12 hours every Thursday now, starting a month ago, though I forgot last week on vacation...I can't go past that right now it seems. I get really weak/dizzy, so do like an 11am to 10pm thing. My goal is denying my flesh to grow closer to God and grow in the Spirit. I hadn't fasted at all in the last three years because of pregnancy/nursing. Not a Biblical fast with food. So I've never done anything this "extreme".

I've had high blood pressure last few weeks and do need to change my diet to eating healthier. But I know my fasting isn't a diet thing. I started it in order to grow in my walk with God and know that He tells us to keep in prayer and fasting.

Active
All I know is that fasting and prayer works.
When there is a mountain that needs to be moved or a great miracle is desired then fast and pray.
Fasting for prayer is not the same as any health lifestyle pursuit.
It is a means of putting effort into faith and denying the flesh spiritually.
Great victories await through prayer and fasting.

Active
Luke 2:36 And there was a prophetess, Anna the daughter of Phanuel of the tribe of Asher (she was advanced in years, having lived with her husband seven years after her marriage,
37 and herself as a widow up to eighty-four years) who did not depart from the temple with fastings and prayers, serving night and day.
38 And at that same hour she approached and began to give thanks to God, and to speak about him to all those who were waiting for the redemption of Jerusalem.

Loyal
All I know is that fasting and prayer works.
When there is a mountain that needs to be moved or a great miracle is desired then fast and pray.
Fasting for prayer is not the same as any health lifestyle pursuit.
It is a means of putting effort into faith and denying the flesh spiritually.
Great victories await through prayer and fasting.

Amen !!!