• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

ECCLESIASTES 4:9-12 BELIEVERS SUPPORTING BELIEVERS!

I would like to take a look at how vitally important it is for Believers to support other Believers! My Scripture reference is Ecclesiastes 4:9-12.

"Two are better than one; because they have a good return for their work; If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm, But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." (NIV)

TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE, BECAUSE THEY HAVE A GOOD RETURN FOR THEIR WORK-This verse is showing that there is so much more that can be done when two combine on a single task. Periodically, our church has a clean-up day. When many members come to help out, the work can get done in half the time it would take to clean, if only a few people showed up! This is the kind of cooperation showed by all members of the Body of Christ cooperating together!

IF ONE FALLS DOWN, HIS FRIEND CAN HELP HIM UP. BUT PITY THE MAN WHO FALLS, HAS NO ONE TO HELP HIM UP! ALSO, IF TWO LIE DOWN TOGETHER, THEY WILL KEEP WARM. BUT HOW CAN ONE KEEP WARM ALONE? I know that this verse hits many of us on several levels! I certainly applies to me, during those lean times that I went through not that long ago, as will, as the spiritual support that so many people gave me as well! (For which I will always be grateful! ) It also applies to me as well! It was the Lord using me to help out a fellow Brother in Christ, in preperation for a research study. He came to Madison with nothing, the Lord used me to provide for him before his study. This is TRUE Chrsitian love-to support those in need! Jesus Himself provided for the needs of all those He encountered, as did the Apostles, (Acts Chapter 2 ; following). When it is done in a spirit of sacrifice, we can be sure that our Lord; Savior is pleased! Take a look at Ephesians 2:10

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God has prepared for us to do." (NIV)

Also look at Ephesians 4:12-

".....to prepare God;s peoople for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up....". (NIV)

THOUGH ONE MAY BE OVERPOWERED, TWO CAN DEFEND THEMSELVES. A CORD OF THREE STRANDS IS NOT QUICKLY BROKEN This verse is like being girded for warfare-not physical warfare, but Spiritual warfare. I am also reminded of Matthew 18:19-20.

Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything that you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in Heaven. For where two or three come together in my Name, there I am with them." (NIV)

Here we see that the gathering of Believers will bring the Spirit of God right down to a personal level. All throughout the Book of Acts, We see the tremondous persucution the the early church faced, it was then Believers gathered together, was when the Holy Spirit truly brought together their courage in being the ultimate witnesses for Christ!

We must NEVER FORGET that by ourselves we are weak, but when we have the support of fellow Believers, then the true meaning of Phillippians 4:13 really takes meaning:

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Let us pray.

"Christ Jesus, we give You; You all praise; honor for helping us to realize how vitally important it is for Believers to support each other! Lord, help us to overcome our foolish pride, when when we are hurting, not to hesitate to ask another one of Your children to pray for or with us! No man is an island, Lord Jesus! We are incapable of doing anything by ourselves, but when we band together together, there are no walls that can stand against Your power in each; everyone of us who know You! Individually, we are weak, but with Your power, Your power alone, we truly ARE strong! We give you all praise; thanksgiving for that strength that You; You alone can provide! We trust only You, Christ Jesus! We trust only You! In Your Name do we pray.

In Jesus Name!
Bill
"If my people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves, pray, seek my face, turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from Heaven, will forgive their sin, will heal their land." (II Chronicles 7:14) (NIV)

feeling alone or being alone

Hi
I believe what you said but I some times realy feel alone ,
I think God has put me alone , how can I feel God is near
when I am doing things that he has not let me to do .

once I told it to a muslim he replied that in their holy book is written
"God is nearer to you than the vessal of your neck "
what does our lord say about it?

Staff Member
I would like to take a look at how vitally important it is for Believers to support other Believers! My Scripture reference is Ecclesiastes 4:9-12.

"Two are better than one; because they have a good return for their work; If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm, But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." (NIV)

TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE, BECAUSE THEY HAVE A GOOD RETURN FOR THEIR WORK-This verse is showing that there is so much more that can be done when two combine on a single task. Periodically, our church has a clean-up day. When many members come to help out, the work can get done in half the time it would take to clean, if only a few people showed up! This is the kind of cooperation showed by all members of the Body of Christ cooperating together!

IF ONE FALLS DOWN, HIS FRIEND CAN HELP HIM UP. BUT PITY THE MAN WHO FALLS, HAS NO ONE TO HELP HIM UP! ALSO, IF TWO LIE DOWN TOGETHER, THEY WILL KEEP WARM. BUT HOW CAN ONE KEEP WARM ALONE? I know that this verse hits many of us on several levels! I certainly applies to me, during those lean times that I went through not that long ago, as will, as the spiritual support that so many people gave me as well! (For which I will always be grateful! ) It also applies to me as well! It was the Lord using me to help out a fellow Brother in Christ, in preperation for a research study. He came to Madison with nothing, the Lord used me to provide for him before his study. This is TRUE Chrsitian love-to support those in need! Jesus Himself provided for the needs of all those He encountered, as did the Apostles, (Acts Chapter 2 ; following). When it is done in a spirit of sacrifice, we can be sure that our Lord; Savior is pleased! Take a look at Ephesians 2:10

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God has prepared for us to do." (NIV)

Also look at Ephesians 4:12-

".....to prepare God;s peoople for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up....". (NIV)

THOUGH ONE MAY BE OVERPOWERED, TWO CAN DEFEND THEMSELVES. A CORD OF THREE STRANDS IS NOT QUICKLY BROKEN This verse is like being girded for warfare-not physical warfare, but Spiritual warfare. I am also reminded of Matthew 18:19-20.

Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything that you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in Heaven. For where two or three come together in my Name, there I am with them." (NIV)

Here we see that the gathering of Believers will bring the Spirit of God right down to a personal level. All throughout the Book of Acts, We see the tremondous persucution the the early church faced, it was then Believers gathered together, was when the Holy Spirit truly brought together their courage in being the ultimate witnesses for Christ!

We must NEVER FORGET that by ourselves we are weak, but when we have the support of fellow Believers, then the true meaning of Phillippians 4:13 really takes meaning:

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Let us pray.

"Christ Jesus, we give You; You all praise; honor for helping us to realize how vitally important it is for Believers to support each other! Lord, help us to overcome our foolish pride, when when we are hurting, not to hesitate to ask another one of Your children to pray for or with us! No man is an island, Lord Jesus! We are incapable of doing anything by ourselves, but when we band together together, there are no walls that can stand against Your power in each; everyone of us who know You! Individually, we are weak, but with Your power, Your power alone, we truly ARE strong! We give you all praise; thanksgiving for that strength that You; You alone can provide! We trust only You, Christ Jesus! We trust only You! In Your Name do we pray.

In Jesus Name!
Bill
"If my people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves, pray, seek my face, turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from Heaven, will forgive their sin, will heal their land." (II Chronicles 7:14) (NIV)