1. Featured Thread

Unlimiting God

An excellent sermon by Francis Chan. Give this a view and listen. He's inspiring and very passionate about Jesus Christ and us living fully for God's Kingdom.

View This Video

2. Featured Thread

Parables of Jesus

Jesus' parables are short stories that teach a moral or spiritual lesson by analogy or similarity. They are often stories based on the agricultural life that was intimately familiar to His original first century audience.

Some aspect of an unfamiliar concept, such as the kingdom of God, was compared to something from everyday life that could easily be understood.

View The Parables

3. Featured Thread

There is a lot of noise, lots of "religions" and beliefs out there to confuse anyone. But, Jesus is real. He loves you, He's ready to forgive you for all your sins and make your heart His dwelling place. Read about God's characteristics and attributes and get to know the real Jesus today.

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior?
    How To Be Friends With God
    Why believe in Christianity?
    The Attributes of God

View the Seeking Jesus forum

4. Featured Thread

Understanding Inadequacy

Poor self-image. Past failures. Weak faith. We all feel inadequate in different areas of our lives. No one is adequate within themselves to be saved or to serve God effectively. We must respond to God’s call and rely on the Holy Spirit.

View This Video

Does GOD talk to us through dreams?

Discussion in 'Bible Chat' started by Jonah2005bt, Jan 17, 2009.

Share This Page

Random Thread
  1. Jonah2005bt

Expand Collapse

:teeth: I for one believe HE does. For I have had such dreams. But I have a hard time convincing my husband that my dreams are real.

He asked me to prove it in scripture, where in the Bible does it state the fact that GOD truly does talk to us in our dreams.

So I was hoping that maybe you could help me out hear, before I start my research on this.

Would you please help me out with this?

Yours truly, :girl: a Sister in Christ Jesus, *genesis

2. Coconut

Expand Collapse

#2 Coconut, Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
    God specifically gifted Joseph and Daniel with visions and dreams in the OT.

BBE Gen 37:8 And [Josephs] brethren said to him, Shalt thou indeed reign over us? or shalt thou indeed have dominion over us? And they hated him yet the more for his dreams, and for his words.

BBE Dan 1:17 Now as for these four young men, God gave them knowledge and made them expert in all book-learning and wisdom: and Daniel was wise in all visions and dreams.

BBE Joel 2:27 And you will be certain that I am in Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, and there is no other: and my people will never be shamed.
    Joel 2:28 And after that, it will come about, says the Lord, that I will send my spirit on all flesh; and your sons and your daughters will be prophets, your old men will have dreams, your young men will see visions:
    Joel 2:29 And on the servants and the servant-girls in those days I will send my spirit.

+

BBE Act 2:16 But this is the thing which was said by the prophet Joel;
    Act 2:17 And it will come about, in the last days, says God, that I will send out my Spirit on all flesh; and your sons and your daughters will be prophets, and your young men will see visions, and your old men will have dreams:
    Act 2:18 And on my men-servants and my women-servants I will send my Spirit, and they will be prophets.

3. rlowe

Expand Collapse

Not all dreams are from God, but to say that none are would not only be wrong but would be putting a limit on the realms in which God can speak to humans.

The Bible gives several instances where God spoke through a dream (including with king Nebuchadnezzar, a non-believer).

4. Boanerges

Expand Collapse

Agreed. Does God talk to us through dreams? Sometimes is a very good answer and I have experienced that 2 times myself.

5. tqpix

Expand Collapse

Didn't God (or was it an angel?) tell Joseph in a dream that an attempt on the baby Jesus' life would be made, so therefore, he should take the baby to Egypt?

6. rlowe

Expand Collapse

Mt 2:13 (WNT)
    When they were gone, and angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Rise: take the babe and His mother and escape to Egypt, and remain there till I bring you word. For Herod is about to make search for the child in order to destroy Him

7. Ed

Ed
    Expand Collapse

Acts 2:17 "'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.