• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Do You Watch Horror Movies?

Do You Watch Horror Movies

• Total voters
I will watch the old cheesy black and white movies or some paranormal related movies...and I will talk to the TV and say "don't go in there you nut!" LOL!

I will not watch the gruesome ones...hubby likes the zombie movies..(GROSS) and says he likes the make up effects and that basically...good wins over evil and the zombies are doomed if he ever met one..LOL!

We do have limits though..the ones that are just really really evil and sick...no...we will not watch them!

I will watch the old cheesy black and white movies or some paranormal related movies...and I will talk to the TV and say "don't go in there you nut!" LOL!

I will not watch the gruesome ones...hubby likes the zombie movies..(GROSS) and says he likes the make up effects and that basically...good wins over evil and the zombies are doomed if he ever met one..LOL!

We do have limits though..the ones that are just really really evil and sick...no...we will not watch them!

You both would like SAW. :wink:

how does one 'die daily' and ensure the old flesh nature remains buried in the waters of baptism? By starving it to death. Don't feed it.

That's a great way to put it, starve it to death. If we feed our physical bodies with bad food it will be unhealthy, so too with how we feed our spirit. Also, we all need to soul-search about things we cling to and try to justify, even though we know they aren't really good for us. Because James 4:17 tells us, "If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them".

I realy don't watch horror movies in the traditional sense. Although all things are permissable, I definately don't think horror movies beneficial to my growth in Christ. They truley are counter productive to your faith, as I think most people here seem to agree. If your faith is strong enough that it doesn't influence you, then the movies are just plain stupid because the perfect love within you is casting out all fears which nullifies the purpose of the movie to begin with.
That being said, I have recently seen a couple "Christian horror" movies. "The Visitation" and "House" both have the gospel inbeded in them, which give them a usefulness at least, but still don't scare me.

Saw is not a horror movie. Take it for what its worth , I encourage everyone to at least give it a peak.

There are 7 in the series , the first 'SAW' is the best and the only one really worth watching. Like most sequels the others fall short.

The short of it...there is no nudity or sex. It really makes you think about how you look at your own life and how much we take for granted. It really is an amazing movie. Its not a slasher, zombie, slice and dice nonsence stupid "horror" movie.

Everyone that I've talked into watching it walks away with the same opinion...WOW.

The theme 'horror' and the jacket cover are VERY misleading.

Saw is not a horror movie. Take it for what its worth , I encourage everyone to at least give it a peak.

There are 7 in the series , the first 'SAW' is the best and the only one really worth watching. Like most sequels the others fall short.

The short of it...there is no nudity or sex. It really makes you think about how you look at your own life and how much we take for granted. It really is an amazing movie. Its not a slasher, zombie, slice and dice nonsence stupid "horror" movie.

Everyone that I've talked into watching it walks away with the same opinion...WOW.

The theme 'horror' and the jacket cover are VERY misleading.

Hubby watches horror movies and will tell me the plot of them if I can't stand to watch it. Most I try to just see the art side of it..like the special effects and makeup...things like that..it helps some..but still no...can't watch! LOL!
Weird thing is...I will walk thru a cemetery at night instead of watching a horror movie! :shock::magnify:

I saw the first Saw movie and it was weird and gross at the end. I never watched the other ones because they became too gory. I dont think you could pay me to watch them lol. If you like gross movies though, watch Frozen. I had to skip ahead a whole scene it was soo graphic. My husband always teases me, 'we should watch Frozen again!' I am like No Way! Never!

I would advise my Christian brothers and sisters to avoid them at all costs. This is the genre that is basically inviting demonic oppression into your life. Did you know that Jeffrey Dahmer used to obsessively watch the Exorcist 3....

I voted yes.

Not much of a horror person though to be honest, I prefer romantic comedies. However I do enjoy a decent zombie, vampire, or werewolf movie. The only horror movies I tend to avoid is possession movies, not because I think that demons jump out of the screen, but because they are too creepy for me.

I have never once had an issue watching movies, maybe some nightmares but those happen without movies anyway.

I don't usually, but every once in awhile I will. Went through a course that runs through my church and the guy was talking about how watching horror movies are not good for us to watch. Gives the devil a footstep into our lives.

I watch every kind of horror movies...

even though some are dark... it's entertaining and just a movie, the devil aint breakin through my shield of grace and favor no matter what I watch LoL

Spiritual transfer?

Stephen King, is so very successful because when he was 5 or so, he watched his best friend get run over by a train. He claims he doesn't remember it. Why then, are so many of his movies have something about someone getting run over?
I believe that these horrible traumatic events that some writers have experienced are making them money and therefore glorifying Satan and sharing the trauma with everyone. I work in mental health and there is a documentable syndrome of secondary and even further out trauma experienced by caregivers helping people that have told gorry stories.
In other words, there seems to be some sort of transfer.
This changes brain chemistry and I believe makes us desire more and makes us vulnerable to Satan's attacks.

A waste of time....as Bro, David said.

Christian fellowship.........is the most precious thing in the world.

That is the track for success in life.

I love horror movies, but not slasher films

Ok...I admit it...I like horror movies. As a matter of fact, I just watched the new Paranormal Activity. There was no blood, but it was very creepy. I don't like slasher films, and I don't think I've watched one since I was like 14. I do understand the need to be mindful of what you "ingest" as far as entertainment. Watching something like Paranormal Activity makes me put up my guard even stronger...it is a movie essentially about a demon and how it reeks havoc on two girls lives.

I like horror movies that have a good plot and are entertaining...and that are creepy-I can't help it, it's my favorite movie genre.
Do I watch them on a daily basis? No. Once in a while for a little "unwind" is good for me. (You may ask how a horror movie is an "unwind", but like I said, it is my favorite movie genre.)

Am I inviting the enemy in when watching such movies?...*sigh* I hope not, because I really do like watching a good horror film (and good ones are hard to find these days, trust me. My choices are very few and far between).

Like I have mentioned a few times, I'm a new Christian and I am open to any and all suggestions and ideas, but I hope I'm not looked at as a bad person because of my choice of movies, LOL!:wink:

I don't watch horror movies because I find them disturbing and demonic. I used to watch them when I was young in my faith, but growing more close to God and being more sensitive to his Spirit, I find that I'm getting more convicted to stop watching certain kinds of movies and tv shows that once I thought it was fine and okay.

I don't necessarily leave a movie or show because something horrible happens in the movie, but if a movie is based on horror. demonic beings, and or gruesome scenes, then I leave as fast as I can. Although I wish I could leave at rapture speed if I run into said movies.

"Be careful little eyes what you see"...

I don't watch horror movies because I do not want that imagery in my mind. The enemy uses such images to torment people and cause night terrors and such. The enemy can not use that which is not there to start with.