• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Christians are rewarded according to their works, not professed religion

Active
Why is the current mainstream religion a far cry from the true church set up by the apostles? Because it has been corrupted from within with heresies since the time the apostles died. The RCC first established under Roman Empire was not set by God, but by a godless man called Constantine who was under the inspiration of the devil. When the devil realised that killing off Christians only made God’s Gospel spread further and resulted in more salvation, he changed tactics and decided to infiltrate and destroy the church from within. That is why the current religion called Christianity in all its division can survive in a godless world, because the devil is in control of it right from the start.

I would like to share some truths written that shows just how far away the mainstream religion has departed from the truth of God’s Gospel.

Source:Christians Shall Be Rewarded According to Their Works

I will only quote the important points made in that article, and not answer any arguments or debates. Let those who have ears to hear the truth hear.

Active
There is a widespread belief among Christians that they will not be rewarded according to their works. The Scriptures do not support this confidence. The Apostle Paul never taught that Christians are not judged and rewarded according to their works, nor did Jesus, John, Peter, James, Jude, or the writer of the Book of Hebrews. This teaching is a Christian tradition. It is not found in the Scriptures. It is not of the Holy Spirit of God.

If the Christians of today had any idea of the terror of the Judgment Seat of Christ, if they had any concept of the humiliation, pain, and loss of reward facing them in the near future, the churches would be on their face in an agony of repentance and confession of sin.

Let us go to the Word of God and see what is written there.

Notice in the first chapter of the Book of Revelation that the Lord Jesus walks among the Christian churches. His eyes are as a flame of fire. To every church He says: “I know thy works.” Not, I know thy creeds but “I know thy works.”

To the Christians in Thyatira, Christ says:

And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works. (Revelation 2:23)

“I will give to every one of you according to your works.”

“Your works.”

Will the members of the Christian churches be rewarded according to their works? Apparently so.

The emphasis on our works is stressed in Revelation 3:2:

Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. (Revelation 3:2)

“I have not found thy works”!

Does the Lord Jesus Christ judge and reward the saints according to their works?

The rewards to the overcomer are based on what he does, according to Revelation, Chapters Two and Three.

Active
Evidently our thinking is backward from that of Christ. We place emphasis on theological beliefs and little emphasis on works. Christ places great emphasis on works and little emphasis on theological beliefs, or so the Scriptures from Matthew to Revelation appear to teach.

For we [Christians and everyone else]must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad (II Corinthians 5:10)

The above verse is quite plain.

This passage is being treated today as though it is describing an awards ceremony at a sports banquet in which some of the participants receive a large cup and others a blue ribbon or honorable mention.

But the Greek term translated “judgment seat” is used consistently to mean a court where accused criminals are tried. Our tradition that no believer will experience serious consequences at the Judgment Seat of Christ is preventing the believers from perceiving correctly what the verse is stating.

If the Judgment Seat of Christ poses no threat to the professor of faith in Jesus, why does the Apostle Paul reflect on this judgment by saying immediately, “Knowing the terror of the Lord, we persuade men”?

The context of II Corinthians 5:10 reveals that Paul is not implying that if people make a profession of belief in Jesus they then have no more fear of the Judgment Seat. Rather, Paul is speaking to believers and exhorting them to live unto Him who died for them and rose again and not to receive the grace of God in vain, that is, not to receive the Divine grace and then live in unrighteousness and uncleanness (II Corinthians 5:15; 6:1; 7:1).

Where did we ever get the idea that Christians are not rewarded according to their works?

From Paul? Not at all, for Paul taught consistently that we shall reap what we sow.

To the “churches of Galatia” Paul wrote:

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. (Galatians 6:7,8)

Paul follows this up by saying, “And let us not be weary in well doing [in behaving ourselves as Christians should]: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not.”

We Christians reap the good we sow, and also the evil we sow unless we confess our evil to God and turn away from it with His help.

Active
We must judge ourselves as to our attitude and behavior. If we do not, God will judge us and we will receive back the consequences of our behavior. God will chasten our flesh so we do not come under the condemnation that always abides on the world.

Perhaps Paul’s clearest explanation of judgment and rewards can be found in the second chapter of the Book of Romans. The subtle doctrine of justification by faith (Romans, Chapters Three through Five) is surrounded by two chapters, Two and Six, that show that God does not excuse or overlook Christian conduct on the basis of grace. All men, Christians and non-Christians alike, will reap what they sow. Romans 6:23, for example, is addressed to Christians.

The following passage from the second chapter of Romans is a case in point:

Who will render to every man according to his deeds: (Romans 2:6)

Does this mean every man, or every non-Christian, or every Christian? We have these three choices. God will render to every man according to his deeds. This we know; but what does the Spirit mean by “every” man?

Let us read on and see if we can determine to whom “every man” is referring.

To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: (Romans 2:7)

According to the above verse, how is eternal life attained? Eternal life is attained by perseverance in doing good; by stedfast endurance in well-doing.

What do those who persevere in doing good hope to achieve? Glory, honor, immortality, eternal life.

What does God give to such people on the basis of their patient continuance in well doing? Eternal life.

How do they gain eternal life? By persevering in good behavior, according to the Scripture.

But we thought that we gain eternal life bybelieving in Jesus. We do. We just do not understand that there is no true belief in Jesus apart from righteous, holy, and obedient behavior toward God. We do not truly accept or understand that “faith without works is dead.”

Active
It may be difficult for believers to accept that “every man” receives eternal life on the basis of his perseverance in well-doing. That would mean a non-Christian could gain eternal life by perseverance in well-doing. This indeed may be true for those who never have had an opportunity to hear the Gospel (although in any case they could receive eternal life only through Christ, for He alone is the Resurrection and the Life). However, the concept of how God deals with people who never have had an opportunity to hear the Gospel raises issues we will not address at this time.

The point we are making is that Paul as well as all the other writers of the Scriptures associates eternal life with righteous conduct. To depart from this concept in favor of eternal life coming to godless individuals on the basis of a profession of belief in Jesus is to change God’s purpose in bringing forth the new covenant.

The popular Christian definition of faith has to do with our acceptance and confession of the facts of the atonement and the resurrection This is close to the philosophy of Gnosticism, an ancient heresy presenting specialized knowledge as the key to salvation.

The scriptural definition of faith is found in the eleventh chapter of Hebrews....

The eleventh chapter of Hebrews is a record of people who by patient continuance in well-doing were seeking for glory and honor and immortality. What did they gain? They gained eternal life in the Presence of God.

But the eleventh chapter of Hebrews does not mention anyone’s acceptance and confession of the facts of the atonement and the resurrection. Such acceptance on the part of an individual to whom Christ has granted true faith is only the doorway to the life of faith, the life of humble dependence on God. It is righteous behavior that leads to eternal life, not the acceptance and confession of the facts concerning the Divine redemption.

Hebrews, Chapter 11 does not mention acceptance or confession of theological facts. Rather, it portrays an attitude of heart and mind that causes the faithful to spend their lives in obedience to God and in the single-minded pursuit of the city that has foundations, the new Jerusalem. This is the faith that saves. Saving faith properly can be rendered “faithfulness.” Scriptural “faith” is faithfulness to God. It is not an attempt to escape the consequences of sin against the moral law of God by professing belief in Christ.

The just shall live by faith is a way of living, not adherence to specialized theological knowledge.

Active
We must persevere in Christian behavior to the end of our days if we expect to be saved, that is, to be brought into the Kingdom of God at the appearing of the Lord. The righteous are saved with difficulty, according to the Scriptures (I Peter 4:18). The expression “saved with difficulty” means, from the context, that fiery trials save us by purifying our spirit.

Fiery trials save us if we continue in faith toward God. However, if we do not respond correctly to the fiery trials by continuing in faith toward God, but instead blame people or God for our pain, then our suffering produces bitterness in us rather than righteousness and eternal life.

“The righteous shall live by faith” means God will receive the individual who lives his life in humble dependence on God (through Christ now that Christ has come). But Christian tradition interprets this fundamental Kingdom principle to mean God will receive the individual who professes certain facts of theology (facts known to the demons) whether or not the individual lives in faithfulness before God.

The current definition and practice are contrary to the Scriptures. They teach that the righteous do not live by faith in God but will go to Heaven because of their statement of belief. According to this false teaching it is not necessary that we live in humble dependence on God, only that we profess the correct theology.

The result of the misunderstanding has been the destruction of the testimony of the Christian churches. The testimony of Christ alwaysmust be of righteous, holy, and obedient behavior, not of theological belief divorced from behavior.

Not only has the Lord removed the Lampstand (the Divine testimony) from the churches because of the unrighteousness of the members, but in addition the believers are under condemnation because they are not walking and abiding “in Christ.” They will be rewarded precisely according to their behavior. They will harvest what they are sowing. They must be warned of this fact.

Let us continue in Romans, Chapter Two:

But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, (Romans 2:8)

Who will receive indignation and anger in the Day of Christ?

The Scripture states, “every man.”

Active
If the Scriptures speak so plainly that Christian people will be rewarded according to their works, where, then, does faith come in? The answer is, faith lives in and is made perfect by works.

Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? (James 2:22)

There is no such thing as faith apart from works. By works we mean behavior that is godly, righteous, holy, obedient to God, always trusting in the Lord and seeking His guidance in every situation. We do not mean the works of the Law of Moses or of any other religion or scheme of people by which they hope to please God apart from Calvary.

Faith without works is dead. Faith has its life only in works. There is no such thing as an abstract faith, a faith without expression in behavior. Faith causes us to choose to yield ourselves to righteous behavior. Righteous behavior bears the fruit of holiness. Holiness brings us directly to eternal life in the Presence of God.

Where there is no service to Christ, no holiness of personality and behavior, there is no eternal life. It is as simple and clear as that. A profession of belief in Christ does not waive this principle.

• Christ will give to every one of us according to our works (Revelation 2:23).
  • Christ evaluates our works (Revelation 3:2).
  • We shall receive the things done in our body whether good or evil (II Corinthians 5:10).
  • We shall reap what we sow (Galatians 6:7,8).
  • The Communion elements judge us (I Corinthians 11:29).
  • We shall be rewarded according to our works (Revelation 22:12).
  • We must persevere to the end if we would gain eternal life (Romans 2:7).
Let us fervently ask the Lord Jesus Christ to cleanse our minds and hearts of the misunderstanding that being saved by grace means God will not judge us and reward us according to our works. Grace is the Presence of God in action in the lives of the faithful, not the Divine excuse for the sins of the believers.

Active
Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed - not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence - continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. Do everything without complaining or arguing, so you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life - in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labour for nothing. But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. So you too should be glad and reoice with me. Throughout our walk, we recieve revelations leading to understandings that opens our eyes to the truth of our faith. However we each recieve understandings in accordance to our needs, we all need different things owing to the differing paths we have trodden. and because our paths differ, the tasks we are called to also differ, some are called to serve, some to give, some to teach, some to prophesy, some to evangelise etc.. Nobody's walk is the same. The thief on the cross only needed to believe; he had no time to change his life, say the sinners prayer or study his belief but God accepted him. In the scripture cited above we are called to work out our salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in us to will and act in accordance to his good purposes. He does a work in us, we do not do a work in ourselves. We are called to good works by scripture, but scripture is the schoolroom used by the Holy Spirit to lead us into understanding. The Grace of God enables us to achieve what scripture demands of us, without Grace we fail. When scripture calls us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling, it behoves us to allow others to do the same. We know they do, when we feel the Spirit in their presence. The Spirit of God is the bonding that holds us all together. Matthew 8:22 But Jesus told him, "Follow me and let the dead bury their own dead". When we come to Jesus, we are the dead he brings back to life. He pours his life, his understanding, his wisdom and his love into us and we are brought back to life. It has nothing to do with the carcass he starts with, so why would the carcass try to do it himself? many do, and are encouraged to do so.
I am answering the title of the post, not the poster who eloquently offered her understandings.

Last edited:
Loyal
I think we should be careful concerning our biblical terminology concern the word "awards" and "rewards" when referring to the things pertaining to the kingdom of God and comparing these things as or in "worldly" expectations. But all crowns will be cast down at His feet. When we will see, all was from Him and through Him. And we will give Him all praises! And the only thing we deserve is eternal death! And by pardoning us, we will be the manifestation of His Glory throughout eternity! And at the "Bema Seat" it is not the balancing scales of the Good and the bad! That determines our heavenly weath. Or what prominent status we will have there. For that is also a mystery that will be reveal, concerning a kingdom of "kings and priests", That will reign with "christ" throughout eternity "The Kings of kings", For we are and will be the "Glory of GOD"! Throughout eternity! For can it be more glorious than that? I cannot even wrap my mind around that, f i do i will be declared a "schizophrenia".

'Schizophrenia'
Define: Noun.
"A long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behavior, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental framantation."

Active
And the only thing we deserve is eternal death!

I'm going to stop you right there.

You and I were born of Love, and if it were not so--neither would we be here. We wouldn't have had eyes to open; there would have been no perception, no, none--ever. We are loved, and so we also are able to love. If there was any truth at all in what you said here then you would not have been able to say it, and by saying it, all you have done is shown me how deeply you love. You deserve to raise your head.

Loyal
I'm going to stop you right there.

You and I were born of Love, and if it were not so--neither would we be here. We wouldn't have had eyes to open; there would have been no perception, no, none--ever. We are loved, and so we also are able to love. If there was any truth at all in what you said here then you would not have been able to say it, and by saying it, all you have done is shown me how deeply you love. You deserve to raise your head.
So you have the Power of GOD to stop me from Proclaiming the Unadulterated "Word of GOD" and to be replaced by your imagination of the divine reveal Truth of GOD, that is reveal in "Jesus Christ" Lord of Heaven and earth. By a divine decree. So may I also say this; Since some may say we have "The freedom of will". But I will say, we are born into the "Bondage of sin" so since one is in Bondage to something, they are not free. But i will declare according to The "Holy Scriptures" pertaining to the "God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob we are all born sinners, slaves unto sin, unrighteousness and condemn to damnation and on our way to the eternal lake of Fire burning with Fire and Brimstone, where our worms will not die, but dying a eternal death. And it is absolutely nothing a human being can do to pay or say, to free one self from the "wages of Sin" and the wages of Sin is death" and the only way to escape this destination. Is to be given a "Gift" of salvation. Not earn by works of any kind. For we are born an enemy of GOD and deserve eternal death, just by being born on this earth!.. For GOD Sent His Only begotten Son to save some of Us, from "HIMSELF". GOD sent Jesus to save us from "The Wrath of The Almighty GOD"! We do not go to hell because we sin, we go to Hell because we are Sinners! Capital "S". Born Sinners! Salves unto unrighteousness, "We love darkness rather than Light" Born natural liars by nature.

But GOD in HIs mercy and the LOVE that He has for HIS "Only begotten SON" and to show that Love that HE has for HIM, Before anything ever existed in creation had decided to show that Love Throughout "Eternity" with no end, The Gift that He is going to present to HIs SON on that "Coronation Day". The Manifestation of THE GLORY of GOD! Wrap up and preserved and created in "Mercy and Grace" that has never been and never will be express again! And by all means THIS IS A PEOPLE who have been damn by GOD ALMIGHTY" an enemy of GOD. Whom He chose to Destroy, but chose To suffer His Son and give a violent and Horrifying Death in their place. And God the Father pour out on HIS SON the One He loves, the Wrath that should have been pour out on US!, who deserve every bit of it. This is a "Horrible Thing"! that was done. But GOD told His SON, concerning The Suffering He was Going to endure and what it will produce in the Coming Glory
that is to come! That GOD The Father will present the finishing product of the "Glorification" of GOD Manifested in THE SON of The Living GOD!

And to all that Knows; "The Holy Scriptures" pertaining to the very "Words of GOD" the words i have written are "Biblical" and not my own imagination of what is "Truth"!

Too many christians think to highly of themselves and to lowly of" Jesus Christ", like they deserved to be saved from the "Wrath of "The Almighty GOD"! Like Jesus is obligated to die in their stead. That is why the Father said this pertaining to His Only Begotten SON:

(Isaiah 53)ERV.
"Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many: and he shall bear their iniquities.

Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he poured out his soul unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors: yet he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors."

There are no big "I"'s and little "U"'s concerning this journey. It is about "Knowing the LORD"! and there are Absolutely No Short cuts, This race must be ran Lawfully. Many think just because the have the "Holy Spirit" in dwelling in Them, they know the LORD. Not knowing your journey has just begun. But make sure you run lawfully, if not you must turn around and erase that which you thought you knew, And begin again. And don't be deceive and think you don't have too.

Loyal
Why is the current mainstream religion a far cry from the true church set up by the apostles? Because it has been corrupted from within with heresies since the time the apostles died. The RCC first established under Roman Empire was not set by God, but by a godless man called Constantine who was under the inspiration of the devil. When the devil realised that killing off Christians only made God’s Gospel spread further and resulted in more salvation, he changed tactics and decided to infiltrate and destroy the church from within. That is why the current religion called Christianity in all its division can survive in a godless world, because the devil is in control of it right from the start.

I would like to share some truths written that shows just how far away the mainstream religion has departed from the truth of God’s Gospel.

I will only quote the important points made in that article, and not answer any arguments or debates. Let those who have ears to hear the truth hear.

(1 Cor. 3) ESV.
"According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it. For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw— each one’s work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire."

Active
I don't believe that you deserve eternal death, or that I deserve an eternal death. I will die at some point and my death will not be because of sin, but it will be because there is a time to live, and there is a time to die. There is no reason for me to believe that any thing in existence is undeserving of love.

I do not consider the children coming into the world as my enemies, and I will not even consider it.

I consider it a gift to have been born, why should I condemn it?

I, for one, am glad to have had the opportunity to speak with you and learn of you, and I, being as the person that I am, will not condemn the person I met here. If I were to accept that 'we are born as enemies of God' then I would also have to accept that I was born with you as my enemy, me as your enemy, the world as our enemy, and us as the world's enemy, and so on and so forth--if I were to accept that, I would not be able to live anymore. That's just the person that I am, and that's how I am.

If you consider the servants in Jesus parable about the faithful . The one that hid the pound did not know the Lord they heard the message but got it all wrong and acted out of fear , that’s not Gods spirit .
God has not given us a spirit of fear , but power , love , sound mind ...
that servant was thrown out , not one of Gods people , so yes The Lord will judge all men’s works good or evil .

Loyal
Not only will they be rewarded for their works, they will be punished by the lack of them.

Matthew 25
14 “For it is just like a man about to go on a journey, who called his own slaves and entrusted his possessions to them.

For "it" is like a man about to go on a journey. What is "it". If we jump back to verse one, it's talking about the kingdom of God.
The kingdom of God is like a man about to go on a journey. This man calls "his own slaves". These were slaves that belonged to Him, not someone else.
He entrusts His possessions to these slaves while He is gone.
Jesus doesn't have non-believers in His houses. He doesn't put non-believers in charge of His kingdom and possessions.
Jesus doesn't give non-believers gifts and talents to increase the kingdom of God.

15 “To one he gave five talents, to another, two, and to another, one, each according to his own ability; and he went on his journey. 16 “Immediately the one who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and gained five more talents. 17 “In the same manner the one who had received the two talents gained two more. 18 “But he who received the one talent went away, and dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.

We all know the story, the one with five, gained five more. The one with two gained two more. But the last one, simply buried his talent in the ground. I notice here it says in verse 15, he gave "each according to his own ability". God doesn't give you anything you can't handle.
It seems that even if this slave would have only increased what he had by one single talent, the master would have been happy.

19 “Now after a long time the master of those slaves came and settled accounts with them. 20 “The one who had received the five talents came up and brought five more talents, saying, ‘Master, you entrusted five talents to me. See, I have gained five more talents.’ 21 “His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.’
22 “Also the one who had received the two talents came up and said, ‘Master, you entrusted two talents to me. See, I have gained two more talents.’ 23 “His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.’

These first two slaves, that used the talents to increase the kingdom, were rewarded, and told "well done". Isn't that what we want to hear Jesus say to us? But it's this third slave that the story is really about.

24 “And the one also who had received the one talent came up and said, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow and gathering where you scattered no seed. 25 ‘And I was afraid, and went away and hid your talent in the ground. See, you have what is yours.’
26 “But his master answered and said to him, ‘You wicked, lazy slave, you knew that I reap where I did not sow and gather where I scattered no seed. 27 ‘Then you ought to have put my money in the bank, and on my arrival I would have received my money back with interest.

Some Christians believe that the kingdom of God will just automatically increase on it's own, as if Jesus Himself planted the seeds everywhere Himself. But no, when He comes back, He will be expecting to find fruit and crops in places He Himself did not scatter seeds, and sow.
It's up to us to scatter the seeds and sow. It's up to us to witness, share the word, and increase the kingdom. God didn't give you these gifts and talents, just so you could bury them in the ground.

28 ‘Therefore take away the talent from him, and give it to the one who has the ten talents.’
29 “For to everyone who has, more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. 30 “Throw out the worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

This parable ends on a rather ominous note. Throw out that worthless slave. You can't be thrown out of the Master's house unless you're already a member of the household. Why did this slave get thrown out? Because he was lazy (verse 26).
Not only does he get thrown out, but he is thrown "into the outer darkness; in the place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth". This doesn't sound like a very fun place to be.

Every believer is going to hear one of these two sentences - well done, good and faithful servant... or throw out this wicked and lazy servant. It's up to you which sentence you hear.
Every believer is going to end up in one of two places, either into the joy of their master... or the outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth. It's up to you where you spend eternity.
It's interesting this slave didn't really do any sinful thing. He didn't murder anyone, he didn't commit adultery, he he didn't steal anything... it wasn't what he did, it's what he didn't do.

James 2:24; You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Staff Member
When we pray for people to be saved, we ought to include that they have a holy fire and a bag of seeds or buckets of water or a good harvest tool and that they are fearfully contagious, courageous, obedient to the Lord and faithful to the end.

Being saved is not really the idea, on it's own.
Being saved is owning and living the idea, all the way home