1. Prayer Requests

Book of Malachi Bible Study

This was God’s warning through Malachi to tell the people to turn back to God. As the final book of the Old Testament closes, the pronouncement of God’s justice and the promise of His restoration through the coming Messiah is ringing in the ears of the Israelites.

View this Study

2. Featured Thread

Unlimiting God

An excellent sermon by Francis Chan. Give this a view and listen. He's inspiring and very passionate about Jesus Christ and us living fully for God's Kingdom.

View This Video

3. Featured Thread

There is a lot of noise, lots of "religions" and beliefs out there to confuse anyone. But, Jesus is real. He loves you, He's ready to forgive you for all your sins and make your heart His dwelling place. Read about God's characteristics and attributes and get to know the real Jesus today.

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior?
    How To Be Friends With God
    Why believe in Christianity?
    The Attributes of God

View the Seeking Jesus forum

4. Featured Thread

The Healing Tree

Have you ever experienced a bitter disappointment in life? Perhaps you are going through a time of incredible testing right now. Well, today you can be encouraged as Derek explains that “Man’s disappointments are God’s appointments.” Through the bitter waters of Marah, God revealed the way to healing through the “The Healing Tree.”

View This Sermon

5. Prayer Requests

Need Prayer?

Submit your prayer request today and we'll pray for you.

"For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.”
    Matthew 18:20

Submit a Prayer Request

6. Prayer Requests

Psalm 37:4

This message examines what your desires reveal about you, the requirements for getting the desires of your heart, and the consequences when you manipulate circumstances to satisfy your desires.

View this Sermon

Charles Spurgeon Morning Devotional

Discussion in 'Devotionals' started by Chad, Feb 19, 2013.

Share This Page

Random Thread
  1. Chad

Staff Member
    Expand Collapse

Feb 9, 2004
    "Thus saith the Lord God; I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them."
    Ezekiel 36:37

Prayer is the forerunner of mercy. Turn to sacred history, and you will find that scarcely ever did a great mercy come to this world unheralded by supplication. You have found this true in your own personal experience. God has given you many an unsolicited favour, but still great prayer has always been the prelude of great mercy with you. When you first found peace through the blood of the cross, you had been praying much, and earnestly interceding with God that he would remove your doubts, and deliver you from your distresses. Your assurance was the result of prayer. When at any time you have had high and rapturous joys, you have been obliged to look upon them as answers to your prayers. When you have had great deliverances out of sore troubles, and mighty helps in great dangers, you have been able to say, "I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."

Prayer is always the preface to blessing. It goes before the blessing as the blessing's shadow. When the sunlight of God's mercies rises upon our necessities, it casts the shadow of prayer far down upon the plain. Or, to use another illustration, when God piles up a hill of mercies, he himself shines behind them, and he casts on our spirits the shadow of prayer, so that we may rest certain, if we are much in prayer, our pleadings are the shadows of mercy. Prayer is thus connected with the blessing to show us the value of it. If we had the blessings without asking for them, we should think them common things; but prayer makes our mercies more precious than diamonds. The things we ask for are precious, but we do not realize their preciousness until we have sought for them earnestly.

"Prayer makes the darken'd cloud withdraw;
    Prayer climbs the ladder Jacob saw;
    Gives exercise to faith and love;
    Brings every blessing from above."
  2. spirit1st

Expand Collapse

Feb 25, 2005
    naples ,fl.
    Prayer of course is Us talking Back and forth with our Father GOD !
    I found if we will ask Him each morning to use us that day ? HE WILL !
    Also When we get done talking ? If we wait? we might well hear HIm answer us ! Many times people Do not wait for Him to talk ? He longs for a real relationship with each of us ! What good father doesn"t ? And He the Best Father ever !