• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Can someone help me to be saved?

Hello greetings fellow believers!
Can someone help me to know my salvation is a sealed salvation?
I want to know because I feel like sometimes im uncertain about if I would inevitably be saved, i feel that ive fallen into a hole and no one would want to help me..
I feel like I need a heart detector so to speak.. That I can find out if im made right..
I always struggled with a certain sin..but i feel my life has been humbled but Idk what to think about myself.

I get scared to go places, and im a shy guy in person.. Some people have made me feel that i would turn normal if i was truely saved.. I could accept whatever is the truth..
I dont even know what people mean by still small voice because i have so many evil hideous thoughts that I usally just think any good I think is of Elohim, and any evil is a thought from the adversary.
I struggle to think that the Holy Spirit could dwell in a temple, an idividual that is prone to evil thoughts...
Please help me, i even sometimes envision scary things
I just want to know if im bearing fruits of the spirit.
Thank you very much!
Your comments are all appreciated in Jesus/Yeshuas Holy name.
Please help!

Active
I want to know because I feel like sometimes im uncertain about if I would inevitably be saved, i feel that ive fallen into a hole and no one would want to help me..
I feel like I need a heart detector so to speak.. That I can find out if im made right..
I always struggled with a certain sin..but i feel my life has been humbled but Idk what to think about myself.

I get scared to go places, and im a shy guy in person.. Some people have made me feel that i would turn normal if i was truely saved.. I could accept whatever is the truth..
I dont even know what people mean by still small voice because i have so many evil hideous thoughts that I usally just think any good I think is of Elohim, and any evil is a thought from the adversary.
I struggle to think that the Holy Spirit could dwell in a temple, an idividual that is prone to evil thoughts...
Thank you very much!
Please help!
I would say that having doubts about whether or not you have a relationship with God is a goid indicator that there might not be a relationship or at the very least any relationship would be in need of serious help. One of the jobs of the Holy Spirit is to comfort us and reassure us about our relationship with God.

You seem like someone who relies on their intelligence alot. It wont be easy for you. I have read a lot of your posts and you actually remind me alot of myself. Trust me when I tell you that you wont find life on this path that you are currently searching. You post questions looking for information, any information that might have the answer to your problems. Maybe you think that if you have enough information that you can solve it that you can find a way in.

But it won't work. Trust me I tried. No matter how much WE try we will come up short. You have to give up control of your life. We have all made ourselves the final authority in our lives we trust no one else. Until we finally break and surrender control to the only one capable.

I would say that having doubts about whether or not you have a relationship with God is a goid indicator that there might not be a relationship or at the very least any relationship would be in need of serious help. One of the jobs of the Holy Spirit is to comfort us and reassure us about our relationship with God.

You seem like someone who relies on their intelligence alot. It wont be easy for you. I have read a lot of your posts and you actually remind me alot of myself. Trust me when I tell you that you wont find life on this path that you are currently searching. You post questions looking for information, any information that might have the answer to your problems. Maybe you think that if you have enough information that you can solve it that you can find a way in.

But it won't work. Trust me I tried. No matter how much WE try we will come up short. You have to give up control of your life. We have all made ourselves the final authority in our lives we trust no one else. Until we finally break and surrender control to the only one capable.
And how do i surrender my life if i haven't done it.. With this in mind that I know God doesnt look to intelligence or stature but to the heart..
So how do i know if i made that heart change?

Active
And how do i surrender my life if i haven't done it.. With this in mind that I know God doesnt look to intelligence or stature but to the heart..
So how do i know if i made that heart change?
Because you will become a new person. The old you will no longer exist instead you will have new desires and hope. That is how you know.

When God looks at our heart all he sees is evil until we become a new creature then he sees Jesus.

You ask how we surrender? First we have to want to, really want to. That is the hard part because our current nature doesn't want to.

Because you will become a new person. The old you will no longer exist instead you will have new desires and hope. That is how you know.

When God looks at our heart all he sees is evil until we become a new creature then he sees Jesus.

You ask how we surrender? First we have to want to, really want to. That is the hard part because our current nature doesn't want to.
So when God sees Jesus, do things change like for instance I like enchiladas, and pizza, and I dont think that will change.. See are things like that supposed to change?

And an addition to my last response.. And how does the nature of a person change? Does a christian never sin again after he is supposedly saved?

Active
No your taste in food won't change. When God changes our nature we stop focusing on ourselves and putting ourselves first.

No your taste in food won't change. When God changes our nature we stop focusing on ourselves and putting ourselves first.
Okay just to clear this up... What does a persons day look like when they are a Christian from morning to sleeptime from your study view?
I feel like a Christian but i dont have anything to do

Active
Okay just to clear this up... What does a persons day look like when they are a Christian from morning to sleeptime from your study view?
I feel like a Christian but i dont have anything to do
Like activities or just how they view life? If you're looking for something to do then just volunteer.

Active

Thank you very much!
Please help!

Well, from an academic standpoint you can grasp that you are saved by grasping who is not saved.

Scripture makes it clear that God wants mortal sinners be stoned to death Lev 20, hell belongs to evildoers / anyone continuing in sin unrepentant will not be in heaven 1 Cor 6:9-12. People reject the light / Jesus because they love the darkness John 3:19.

So, examination time as Paul alludes to in 1 Cor 11:31:

1. Do you commit mortal sins? Matt 7:16
2. Have you truthfully repented of your sin? Psalm 51:17
3. Are you prepared to lay your life down and follow Jesus? Matt 16:24
4. Can you truthfully call Jesus Lord? Is there any doubt? Peter doubted Jesus was Lord when He walked on water. Peter did not ever doubt who Jesus was after God revealed Jesus to him in Matt 16:16-17.

The acid test for a Christian is being able to truthfully call and speak to Jesus as Lord. As 1 Cor 12:3 explains '' Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Loyal
Yeah I live in Albuquerque New Mexico what kind of volunteering are you talking about?

For one thing -- find a church that teaches God's Word -- go and talk to the pastor -- introduce yourself -- since I'm a Baptist -- that's the denomination I'd suggest. A non-denominational church is sometimes okay, sometimes not so much.

But -- find a Bible-teaching church -- get involved in a Sunday School class -- find out what Is going on in your particular area. If they have a men's breakfast -- start going to that to get to know the men.

You'll need to find out what local opportunities there are For volunteering. Some schools have adults going in to help students with their reading. In order to do that you'd be required to pass a background check.

Loyal
And -- take time everyday to read your Bible and talk to God. Do you have family around? Your bio information says you're 24 yrs. of age. Do you have a job? Maybe you're partially disabled?

Loyal
Your introductory question -- "can someone help you to be saved" -- that is something that you do on your own. Someone Can show you from Scripture How to be saved. But You are the one who talks to God about your personal Salvation. No one can do that for you,.

1 Corinthians 15:1-3 and Romans 10:9-10.

For one thing -- find a church that teaches God's Word -- go and talk to the pastor -- introduce yourself -- since I'm a Baptist -- that's the denomination I'd suggest. A non-denominational church is sometimes okay, sometimes not so much.

But -- find a Bible-teaching church -- get involved in a Sunday School class -- find out what Is going on in your particular area. If they have a men's breakfast -- start going to that to get to know the men.

You'll need to find out what local opportunities there are For volunteering. Some schools have adults going in to help students with their reading. In order to do that you'd be required to pass a background check.
Yeah Id just have to find out about the founders of the Baptist church.
Like I said, I believe in the Bible alone anything that is true and confirmed by the Bible.
If the Catholic church was true I would be a member if the Mormon church was true I will be a member or any other Church for that matter.
If God wanted me just pick and choose any church I please then I would do that too.
It's all up to what the Lord reveals to me. But the truth is the truth for everyone, and Jesus is the messiah and the only living God is some of the criteria, the dogma that must be what they teach for me to choose it.
I want the precise Church that God wants me to be at.. I Hope to the Lord Jesus !

Loyal
I am reading a book by Eric Henry Liddell currently and he speaks of what a Good Christian Life looks like. He suggest bible time alone in the morning every morning for at least 45 minutes along with prayers. When you study the biography of many of the Great Christians they seem to almost all have this common , on how they start there day, either way most are in the bible a min of 45 minutes if not longer a day. Prayers three times a day. These are disciplines that help us walk more spiritually because one of the fruit of the spirit is self control, and it takes self control to do these things every day day in and day out NEVER miss.

Hi, Frank. Your shout out moved me and I just thought an explanation of what the Lord, Yeshua had done for you and me on the cross in this type of scenario will be appropriate.
t “The Cross at Calvary” Isaiah 53:3-5 , He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
The illustration of words in the above text is what the Lord had done, to set us free from sin, sicknesses griefs and sorrows in order for our identity to be in Him.
  1. despised He was hated , loathed and unloved by his own people.
  2. rejected He was excluded , overruled , banned and prohibited
  3. Sorrows The Hebrew word is Makob and this means pain or grief
  4. Aquainted with Grief He was familiar with sorrow, heartache, unhappiness and pain.
  5. Borne our griefs He tolerated, suffered, stood for, allowed and endured , our unhappiness, our pain as He carried our sorrows to free us from a spiritual death.
  6. Stricken he was troubled, tormented, traumatized to free us from sin.
  7. Smitten, afflicted Loved by God but distressed, hurt and tormented.
  8. Wounded Hurt and injured in His suffering for our sins, pains sorrows and grief.
  9. Bruised His Skin was injured , sore, hurt and discolored with blood
  10. Iniquities Our immoralities, crimes, evils and our sinful nature.
  11. Chastisement punished to give us peace, carrying our penalty of sin.
  12. Stripes we are healed With the stripes of His Blood we are healed.
We all have spiritual battles , however we as Christians are not exempt from facing the devil , however we need to know the Word of God to combat Satan, We need to know the enemy in us to overcome Satan. In your case you know the enemy of your heart.
I can just recommend for you to go back to the basics, say this written prayer out loud in front of a witness.
Dear Jesus, I confess my sins and ask you to forgive me, I believe in my heart that you are the Son of God and that you died for my sins and iniquities. I believe in my heart of hearts that Abba Father in heaven resurrected you my lord from a spiritual death on the third day according to the scriptures , Jesus I give you my life and I ask you my Lord to be Lord of my life . Amen
If you need to do this daily then do it, this will release you from the emotions of the heart. Ask Jesus to lead you, to teach you, to instruct you in everything you do, Fix your eyes on Jesus, as He is the Author and finisher of our faith.
You are in my prayers. You must be baptized in water as well.
Hope this helps. Your sister in Christ.

Loyal
Like I said, I believe in the Bible alone anything that is true and confirmed by the Bible.
If the Catholic church was true I would be a member if the Mormon church was true I will be a member or any other Church for that matter.
If God wanted me just pick and choose any church I please then I would do that too.
It's all up to what the Lord reveals to me. But the truth is the truth for everyone, and Jesus is the messiah and the only living God is some of the criteria, the dogma that must be what they teach for me to choose it.
I want the precise Church that God wants me to be at.. I Hope to the Lord Jesus !

John 14:6 -- Jesus Christ is tell us that "I am the way, the truth and the life , no man comes to the Father, but by Me."

The history of the Baptist church -- it sort of developed over time. Years ago my parents had been Presbyterian -- they changed to being Baptist because the Bible teaches baptism by immersion.

A church Should be encouraging Bible study and outreach into the community / missions. And God's Word plus nothing.

What churches Are in your particular area?

Active
You will never find the precise denomination. Find an active and alive church that possess the essential beliefs of christianity and ministries that reach out to the lost.

I am reading a book by Eric Henry Liddell currently and he speaks of what a Good Christian Life looks like. He suggest bible time alone in the morning every morning for at least 45 minutes along with prayers. When you study the biography of many of the Great Christians they seem to almost all have this common , on how they start there day, either way most are in the bible a min of 45 minutes if not longer a day. Prayers three times a day. These are disciplines that help us walk more spiritually because one of the fruit of the spirit is self control, and it takes self control to do these things every day day in and day out NEVER miss.

Well I disagree that ALL Christians that are true send a minimum a 45 minutes a day reading scriptures.. But im
John 14:6 -- Jesus Christ is tell us that "I am the way, the truth and the life , no man comes to the Father, but by Me."

The history of the Baptist church -- it sort of developed over time. Years ago my parents had been Presbyterian -- they changed to being Baptist because the Bible teaches baptism by immersion.

A church Should be encouraging Bible study and outreach into the community / missions. And God's Word plus nothing.

What churches Are in your particular area?
I tried 3 Christian churches this last year or so idk what to look for though