• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Benny Hinn: Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all false, i know the devil is behind this too.

I don’t know about you guys but I am so much blessed through Benny Hinn's ministry.

abigya

Last edited:
I do not know much about this man of God. I do know that he is of Jewish origin. I do know that he serves Jesus. In 1992 I took my family to Florida.....yes a mouse was the attraction. The highlight for me was my visit to see this brother in his church.

I took the whole family and we were fortunate to find that he was at home. There were a number of meetings to accommodate the crowds that Sunday a.m. Folks were kind and observing that we were visitors led us to a good place at the front. We were blessed, ministered to and became aware that this man was different. A lively meeting indeed, we were in His presence. I was not disappointed.

The bible says "Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm"

All need to take care when speaking about these men and international ministries serving Jesus. Judgement of such great men rest's with the Master. It has nothing to do with mere man.

If I had achieved just a fraction of the blessing given to people as this man..........I would be a happy man indeed.

God Bless all stand up there......... before the world.....serving Jesus. They need our prayers.

I believe Benny Hinn and Reihnard Bonke are amongst others at the fire conference at the Birmingham NEC in May.

Some members of my church are organising a group to go and see them. I would be interested as I've never attended a big evangical event, and there are worship leaders there I'd love to see and I imagine the atmosphere would be wonderful indeed.

I guess I'll keep an open mind, and see what happens.

I believe Benny Hinn and Reihnard Bonke are amongst others at the fire conference at the Birmingham NEC in May.

Some members of my church are organising a group to go and see them. I would be interested as I've never attended a big evangical event, and there are worship leaders there I'd love to see and I imagine the atmosphere would be wonderful indeed.

I guess I'll keep an open mind, and see what happens.

I hear you, and I am not being critical when I say. Yes keep an open mind...........But open your heart......open your life......We are talking about God's power here....which is not always according to the human mind.

God Bless You

Go on YouTube and type in "Benny Hinn False". The videos speak for theirself. There is one where he tells us that Jesus is appearing physical and there is one where a man tells us how he gets people to fall. They are very interesting.

John 4:24
"God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

God is A spirit. There are other spirits in this world that are powered by money and evil.

1 Tim 6:10
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Dear Lord.......Is that all you have got to say?

Keep your mouth buttoned son.........and get to know Jesus. Just now you are wrapped up up materialism

Staff Member
I remember being told that if something is not of God it will not last.

If it is of God then it will prosper and Benny Hinn is winning souls for the Kingdom doing the work that we are all called to do.

How many are going out and telling others about the good news of knowing Jesus as their Saviour and Lord and being able to have a personal relationship with a living Jesus?

This is part of what is shown on Benny Hinn's home page.

Children in Mexico Changed by God’s Nurturing Love

Benny Hinn Ministries partners reach out every day to hurting people of all ages around the globe. One of the most touching stories continues to be written, day by day, about four very special children in Mexico.

The bible says "Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm"

All need to take care when speaking about these men and international ministries serving Jesus. Judgement of such great men rest's with the Master. It has nothing to do with mere man.

If I had achieved just a fraction of the blessing given to people as this man..........I would be a happy man indeed.

God Bless all stand up there......... before the world.....serving Jesus. They need our prayers.
I agree with Stephen here.

To whom much is given much is expected.

God bless :love: :rainbow: :rose:

Last edited:
I remember being told that if something is not of God it will not last.

If it is of God then it will prosper and Benny Hinn is winning souls for the Kingdom doing the work that we are all called to do.

How many are going out and telling others about the good news of knowing Jesus as their Saviour and Lord and being able to have a personal relationship with a living Jesus?

I agree with Stephen here.

To whom much is given much is expected.

Benny Hinn, God Bless him, and give a great harvest for Jesus, did not start preaching yesterday. He has not arrived as an international gospel preacher because he has kept repeating the word Hallelujah, and saying 'thank you Jesus'

Some folks posting here need to check things out much, much, much more.

Jim Jones did a lot of things in the name of Jesus too. Benny Hinn has made many prophecies that did not come to pass. Especially about Jesus the Christ physically appearing on his stage with him.

Matthew 24:22-27
22 In fact, unless that time of calamity is shortened, the entire human race will be destroyed. But it will be shortened for the sake of God’s chosen ones.
23*“Then if anyone tells you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah,’ or ‘There he is,’ don’t pay any attention. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great miraculous signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God’s chosen ones. 25 See, I have warned you.26*“So if someone tells you, ‘Look, the Messiah is out in the desert,’ don’t bother to go and look. Or, ‘Look, he is hiding here,’ don’t believe it! 27 For as the lightning lights up the entire sky, so it will be when the Son of Man comes.

Sometimes people that are not of God DO last. My ex-husband is a good example. Years ago, when I found out what he was really up to (and he had been a pastor), I thought sure God would strike him dead or at least punish him greatly.

It is now 10 years later and he is still going strong. He has a prominent, important job and he puts on a good show and he lies to people, manipulates them, and hurts people still today. He is a very powerful person, but I cannot say where his power is coming from.

I warned him that he needed to get right with God. I pleaded and cried. I still loved my husband and didn't want him to die or be punished. He was the father of my children and I just wanted him to get right with God. I still love my ex-husband greatly. I pray for the day he comes back to Jesus. I want to see my ex-husband in heaven someday.

People have a free will. Sometimes they choose not to follow God. Sometimes we just have to keep praying for them because God loves everybody and wants no one to perish.

Sometimes humans start out following God, and later they become confused or deceived. Jim Jones is a good example of this. He seemed to be rather sound when he started out.

In Galatians 3:1-3, the Word says, "You foolish Galatians! Who has hypnotized you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was vividly portrayed as crucified? I only want to learn this from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now going to be made complete by the flesh?"

I know a lot of pastors personally. I do not trust all of them to share my heart with. Pastors are just people. Yes, God calls them, but they are as fallible as we are, and they are very much targets of the enemy.

My own dad was a pastor until I was seven years old. Then he had a major nervous breakdown and quit the ministry. My dad suffered all of his life. Was quitting the ministry wrong? Or did the devil just plain attack him and his family? Pastors are extremely attractive targets to the enemy. They must stay focused on Christ and do HIS work only. There are many plots and plans that satan would like to carry out in pastors' lives.

Benny Hinn is a good speaker and at times I have enjoyed hearing him preach. I do not know if all these things said about him in this thread are true or not.

I am somewhat skeptical of him because he has so much money and uses it for things he doesn't seem to actually need. There are needs....and then there are wants. The love of money is the root of all evil.

Jesus didn't need a lot of money. Jesus wasn't materialistic. So it is hard to compare Benny Hinn with Jesus.

Only God knows our hearts, dear people. We cannot judge, no. But we can inspect the fruit, oh yes!

Pray and ask God and he will show you who to listen to and who not to listen to. Reading the Bible is always right! Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal His will to you through the Bible. Then you won't have to depend so much on preachers.

I love my preacher at my church. He is a God-send to me. But to be honest, I have found very few pastors in my entire life who were great blessings to me. Bro. Ronnie is different because he keeps his focus on Christ and does not become proud. He is humble and preaches what God has him to say.

I will repeat again; preachers are fallible. They get up in the morning and brush their teeth just like we do. Don't put them up on a pedestal. If you do, you might be sorry when they come tumbling down and fall on you and crush your vertebrae. Your backbone should be centered in Jesus. Then you can stand straight.

JESUS is the Rock. Hold Him high, lift up His name; Hosanna! He is the One we worship. In this, we are unified here at talkJesus, because we serve and obey Him. He is the Light of the World and our awesome Savior and Redeemer. He is the Lion and the Lamb.

Last edited:
I don't think any of us can either judge or defend benny hinn. What we can do and is our responsibility is to not allow ourselves as well as our brothers and sisters to be deceived. It does not matter who is preaching, if they say something that is unbiblical we need to speak out and expose it.

I want to be clear; deceivers expose themselves by their false
doctrines. It is not a matter of whether they have a good personality, whether they are a good
speaker, whether they are popular or whether what they say sounds good. It is a matter of
whether what they teach and profess is in complete agreement with scripture. Let me also make
it clear that the most effective deceivers use the name of Jesus frequently. The accuracy of their
teaching varies. Some deceivers deviate from the scriptures very little and others much more
frequently. Jesus gave us free will and we are free to believe as we like but according to Isaiah
8:20, anyone who deviates from the truths taught in scripture, has no light in them. If there is no
light in these deceivers, then they certainly cannot be considered Christian.

The above except is taken from "The Soon Coming Judgment Of God Upon America and How To Escape It" By John Durr.

The Bible says "We shall know the Truth and the truth shall make us free", it also says "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.". John 8:32 & 16:13.

Our responsibility is to find out the truth as revealed by the Holy Spirit who knows all truth. I just wonder why we don't seek GOD's truth from the source and continue to run after and support men who call themselves anointed and only serve up a twisted and watered down truth to serve their own needs.

It's not about benny hinn or any other preacher, it's about the church rising up and taking it'a rightful place instead of relying on others to do it for them.

Dear Lord.......Is that all you have got to say?

Keep your mouth buttoned son.........and get to know Jesus. Just now you are wrapped up up materialism

Stephen -- You wrote this in reply to Cody2's reply. I don't understand how his statement is "wrapped up" in materialism. In fact, I think the opposite. He just shared some information and some scriptures with us.

Some of the other people that shared in the previous posts felt as if Benny Hinn was driven by money. I think it is important that we listen to everyone before saying such things. I am not judging Benny Hinn, for who am I to do such a thing. Only the Lord can judge, as you stated in a previous post.

I was a little hurt by your response to Cody, it was rather harsh in my opinion.

Blessings,
monkeys

Benny Hinn, God Bless him, and give a great harvest for Jesus, did not start preaching yesterday. He has not arrived as an international gospel preacher because he has kept repeating the word Hallelujah, and saying 'thank you Jesus'

Some folks posting here need to check things out much, much, much more.

Stephen -- I just wanted to say, this should not be a debate simply conducted with our human methods and human wisdom. So no matter how hard we look, if Satan does not want us to find something, intellectually we probably might not. Unless God himself shows us. We are nothing without God against Satan. Therefore, the FIRST place we must go to seek an answer to something like this is the Holy Spirit and no where else. The very first day I heard the name Benny Hinn, the spirit struck a strong "NO" through my heart, warning me to not fall for him. At this point, I didn't even know he was a faith healer. I didn't know what he did. Ever since that, the spirit has continually pointed out to me many things of Benny Hinn that are not in accordance with the word of God. Most of those were brought up here on this forum also.

Now, it is not my intention here to say that you should believe this too. The Lord will accept you for what you believe, as written in Romans 14 (my favorite scripture by the way). All I ask however, is that you have an open mind about why other people do not accept him as a true servant of Christ.

When you oppose what others here have to share abut Benny Hinn, please I beg that you make sure it is not derived from worldly wisdom and simple observation alone. It is not the way of Christ to do so. It is especially wrong to attack people, as you did with Chad2 in a previous post.

It is my responsibility as a brother in Christ to bring to your attention that what you are doing is not in accordance with the Lord. If you have something to say that can support Benny Hinn, do so by quoting scriptures or by honestly revealing what the Holy spirit has told you. Also, if you quote the spirit, keep in mind that blaspheming the spirit is the only sin that can not be forgiven.

When you make judgments by simple observations, the spirit has to guide you through the whole way. Our minds are too easily manipulated otherwise. I beg you to do the same. If you still believe that Benny Hinn is true, you are free to do so as I said. However, trying to convince others that he is also, would go against Romans 14. Especially because we don't NEED to believe that he is genuine for any reason whatsoever. No one will lose anything, so it would be wise to keep yourself from attacking others in a worldly way as yo have done. If Benny Hinn is false however, we have to speak out because we must prevent false doctrines to spread in Christs Kingdom and body, the church.

I ask your forgiveness if I said anything wrong, and hurt your feelings. Godly sorrow is a good thing that lead to repentance. Please pray about this, and don't just listen to what I have said.

GOD Bless you brother...

Staff Member
Quite frankly I am surprised at how much attention is being given to one person. There are a few threads concerning one person on here. It is very sad.

We are here to build one another up and focus on Jesus not on a person.

Administrator
Staff Member
Quite frankly I am surprised at how much attention is being given to one person. There are a few threads concerning one person on here. It is very sad.

I agree. While, I personally do not like Benny Hinn, it is not our priority nor our goal to talk about him. Our goal is to reach the lost, build them up and preach the Good News of Jesus Christ. From there, the new believer / mature believers will know the truth by reading and studying the Word of GOD.

John 15:2
Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

Test the spirits. It is important to warn other believers of a preacher if they are false, but the Word itself must be the main proof and explanation behind the reasoning.

Amen to your last post here ladylovesJesus. This forum is such a good place with much of Jesus and little of quarellings. I have seen that a lot on other christian sites. It is so sad if our different points of view (especially about a person) should matter more than exalting Jesus. I am sure Benny Hinn needs our prayers as well. We should pray for all people.
1 Timothy 2.1 I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone—
:love: :love: :star:

I couldn't agree more too. In fact, my mother-in-law is a strong follower of Benny Hinn, but I have never tried to convince her to stop, for this very reason. I have mentioned how I feel, and that was all. I believe the Holy Spirit will eventually tell her what is right, as He will with all of us. After all, like Light&salt said, all people need prayer and we should pray for Benny as well. Also, we that do not like Benny Hinn could be wrong somehow as well, so we need to always been in prayer if we are confused about these things.

I guess topics like this tend to divide the unity of the body of Christ. Perhaps it is OK to talk about these things, especially for individuals who are not sure of the answers. However, in the essence, we are NOT really giving attention to the person Benny Hinn (or anyone else), but rather the message they preach instead. Thats what is important, because as Christ says, it is our duty to look out for each other as brother and sisters in Christ. Even Paul rebuked the church when they were not doing the right thing. Paul wasn't trying to prove himself right, by argument, but rather speak the truth about Christ.

I don't think it is beneficial to be divided in our hearts about these things, especially when that desire for fellowship is pushing us towards talking about these things. That is why we have each other for. The important thing is to actually talk, but be open hearted and listen to all sides, then pray about all that was heard. Whatever the spirit convicts you of, should be what you believe in, and God will accept each person for that belief. (Romans 14)

I don't think quarreling is good at all, and the scriptures speak against it. However, this is after all a "discussion" forum. Thus, I believe Christ-like discussion is quite healthy. In fact, not talking about these things defeats the very purpose of being a family. What is wrong is to argue, fight and hate each other for what we believe in. If even God accepts each of us separately for our own beliefs, then why should we fight to impose ours upon another?

Administrator
Staff Member
I have to disagree with you ladylovesJesus. Benny Hinn lives a very exuberant and wealthy lifestyle. He misuses his ministry's funds for personal gain and he teaches false doctrine. He ministered under Cathrine Kuhlman and He claims to have her mantle or annointing. Her doctrine and teaching was not scriptural either. I advise everyone to steer clear of Hinn and his teaching and do not contribute any money to his ministry. The same goes for any Word Of Faith preacher/teacher.

I agree. I do not like Hinn's motives. When I've seen him on tv, its all glamour, insincere and all 'show'. This is not of GOD's Spirit.

I couldn't agree more too. In fact, my mother-in-law is a strong follower of Benny Hinn, but I have never tried to convince her to stop, for this very reason. I have mentioned how I feel, and that was all. I believe the Holy Spirit will eventually tell her what is right, as He will with all of us. After all, like Light&salt said, all people need prayer and we should pray for Benny as well. Also, we that do not like Benny Hinn could be wrong somehow as well, so we need to always been in prayer if we are confused about these things.

I guess topics like this tend to divide the unity of the body of Christ. Perhaps it is OK to talk about these things, especially for individuals who are not sure of the answers. However, in the essence, we are NOT really giving attention to the person Benny Hinn (or anyone else), but rather the message they preach instead. Thats what is important, because as Christ says, it is our duty to look out for each other as brother and sisters in Christ. Even Paul rebuked the church when they were not doing the right thing. Paul wasn't trying to prove himself right, by argument, but rather speak the truth about Christ.

I don't think it is beneficial to be divided in our hearts about these things, especially when that desire for fellowship is pushing us towards talking about these things. That is why we have each other for. The important thing is to actually talk, but be open hearted and listen to all sides, then pray about all that was heard. Whatever the spirit convicts you of, should be what you believe in, and God will accept each person for that belief. (Romans 14)

I don't think quarreling is good at all, and the scriptures speak against it. However, this is after all a "discussion" forum. Thus, I believe Christ-like discussion is quite healthy. In fact, not talking about these things defeats the very purpose of being a family. What is wrong is to argue, fight and hate each other for what we believe in. If even God accepts each of us separately for our own beliefs, then why should we fight to impose ours upon another?

Excellent point, sweet and simple truth.

I have to say that I am disappointed with some things which I have read here about this undisputed man of God. As I have said earlier he did not reach such pinnacle of world renown, by shouting hallelujah, and saying I love you Jesus.

This man has proved him-self with his own congregation of thousands of people in the first place.

This is not something in a corner. We are considering the life and ministry of a prominent world figure, and minister of the gospel.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophet no harm"

I agree with you, LLJ! I've said what I've said and now I'll say "Ta Ta!" God bless, :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.