1. Featured Thread

12 Ways to be Transformed by the Renewing of Our Mind

Renewal begins by offering up our whole body, soul, mind and spirit to the Lord. Luke 10:27 tells us, “And he answered, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind…” It takes a conscious effort to present oneself to the Lord by disciplining ourselves for godliness.

Read This Thread

Benny Hinn: Fraud

Discussion in 'Bible Chat' started by Chad, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page

Random Thread
  1. Chad

Chad Administrator
    Staff Member

Benny Hinn: Fraud?

Benny Hinn fraud or real?

Benny Hinn: Prophecies of Jesus
    Benny Hinn appeared on TBN on March 29, 2000. During that broadcast, Mr. Hinn declared that Jesus Christ was about to make physical appearances at his crusades and throughout the world. He shared similar "prophecies" during the next several weeks of fund-raising. Here is a portion of the March 29th transcript:

Benny Hinn: The TBN Transcript
    Benny Hinn: "I know deep in my soul something supernatural is going to happen in Nairobi, Kenya. I feel that I may very well come back. And you and Jan are coming - Paul and Jan are coming to Nairobi with me, but Paul we may very well come back with footage of Jesus on the platform. You know that the Lord appeared in Romania recently and there's a video of it, where the Lord appeared in the back of a church and you see him on video walking down the aisle. Yea. Paul do you remember when I came on TBN years ago; I showed you a clip of the Lord appearing in our church in Orlando on the balcony on the wall. Yea, you remember that?"

Paul Crouch: "Yea, very well, I saw it."

Benny Hinn: "That was eighty something, eighty sixty, whatever. You know, I always wondered why the Lord, why did He do that? You know why now. I look back, that was the beginning of the greatest move of God in our church. Because 83, 84, 85 were horrible years for me horrible years. '86 the blessings of God began, but they began with this manifestation of the Lord's face on the balcony that stayed for 8 weeks, 8 solid weeks. The Lord has done this in the past but He's about to do it again. Now hear this, I'm prophesying this, Jesus Christ the Son of God is about to appear physically in some churches and some meetings and to many of His people. For one reason, to tell you He's about to show up. So wake up, Jesus is coming saints. You have held back from the Lord in the past -- don't you dare do it now. The day will come you will stand before Him and give an answer. How dare we not give to God? How dare we hold back? Who do we think He is -- some neighbor of ours? He's God Almighty -- we fear the Lord God of hosts. He's not some man -- He's God. If Jesus tonight appeared on this platform here and looked through this camera and said to you I need your offerings so I can touch the world, would you give Him? Of course. Well, I've got news for you. He's saying it, He's saying it, He's saying it through His servants, He's saying it through His Word, He's saying it. The Bible clearly states, 'how shall they go unless they be sent?' And God is speaking to you, so obey him. Some of you need to give large sums tonight. Don't you give those small sums if you have the large sums. Many of you have those small sums. The best you can give is all God wants from you. The best you can give is all expects of ya. But some of you watching right now have money in the bank your gonna leave it behind. You may even lose it unless you obey God tonight. Give to God tonight. God is speaking to you now. Do you know by holding back from God you're keeping God's blessings from your family by holding back from the Lord? You're saying "No, Lord, I don't want your presence in my home." And when you call, tell the Lord, 'I'm sowing tonight because I believe what this man is saying on TV. I believe what Benny Hinn is saying is what I need to hear. The anointing of God is about to invade my home, my life, my children. I'm giving in faith, believing Lord that my seed will touch your heart.' In fact, I'm going to say something I never said on a telethon, I believe that God is healing people while they are making a pledge tonight. There are people getting healed making a pledge. No, no, you are not paying for that healing, and you know that. But God is honoring you for your obedience and touching your body..."

Benny Hinn: What Would Jesus Say?
    Benny Hinn raised a bunch of money, but it appears he never stood with Jesus on stage during his 2000 crusade season. Specifically, Mr. Hinn's Nairobi and Nashville crusades during the summer of 2000 came and went without an "appearance". The same appears to have happened during Mr. Hinn's 2001 and 2002 crusade seasons. Well, Jesus couldn't have been clearer approximately 2,000 years ago:

"At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time. "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man" (Matthew 24:23-27).

#1 Chad, Mar 2, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2004
  2. AngieB

AngieB New Member

Very interesting. I'm not at all famalier with this person but anyone who says that can't be right.

3. Chad

Chad Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, you have to be careful. I mean in this case its pretty easy if you're close to the Word of GOD (aka as the Word of Truth don't forget).

4. Jesusstar

Jesusstar New Member

Wow, where did you hear this, or get this? It's quite revealing but I hope nothing was taken out of context?
    My concern with all famous ministers who claim to have the gift of healing is why are they not taking this gift to the hospitals and nursing homes where folks desperately need a touch from the Lord?

5. jesusfreak

jesusfreak New Member

i agree with you jesusstar about the famous ministers who claim to heave gift of healing. if they could and true healer and a the gift from god they would try atleast to help thous who are in need like hostpital and nursing homes.
    god bless all
    tam

6. themba

themba New Member

Our LORD JESUS CHRIST,when he was here on earth,he healed some of the people and not everyone here on earth, I mean, look how he healed that paralysed man who was next to berthesda, surely there were people who were waiting just like him to go into the water after it being stired, but he was the only one who was healed there,

or what about where the bible says our LORD could'nt do miracle's because of the unbelieve of people in his own town and only could heal few people.

Whether Mr Hinn is a fraud or not,I dont know but the only one who knows is the LORD, and nothing surprises him in this world at all.

The most important thing that we should always know and have, is a personal relationship with our LORD & SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST & GOD THE FATHER ("MY SHEEP HERE MY VOICE & A VOICE OF A STRANGER THEY DO NOT FOLLOW" said the LORD), i mean that's one of the reasons why he had to die for us.

Then if we know how well is that in our walk with the LORD, then we dont need to worry of being deceived in this world, cause surely he will counsel us to the right people and things in this world.

7. Jesusstar

Jesusstar New Member

Spoken well my Brother, keep it up!

8. Nugget

Nugget New Member

I think that benny hinn is a fraud simply because, people today dont have the holy spirit gifts of healing.
    :)

9. pappa

pappa New Member

Re: re: Benny Hinn: Fraud

Thank you Nugget.... the so called gift of healing that many of these evangelists claim to have seem to be nothing more than attempt to deceive and defraud people. Most of them make a great deal of money doing what they do. Benny Hinn is in that category.

I agree with you that the spiritual gift of healing is not active today. It's not needed with the advances in modern medicine.

10. Chad

Chad Administrator
    Staff Member

I cannot believe they would not allow you to pray. I honestly wouldn't dare allow anyone to tell me I cannot pray. I'd pray in front of them twice as hard! LOL

11. Chad

Chad Administrator
    Staff Member

That is incorrect. I am not referring to Hinn being a fraud or not (I won't judge) but I am referring to gift of healing. Certainly, there are people chosen by GOD to heal. You really need to read more about the Christian ministries out there. Healings happen constantly every day worldwide. It is a fact.

Read minitry stories in the ministry forum (small now but is growing).

12. Chad

Chad Administrator
    Staff Member

Please read my previous post prior to this one. You need to read incredble stories from worldwide Christian organizations such as BGEA (Billy Graham Evangelistic Association), GFA (Gospel for Asia) to name a couple.

Modern medicine is fine, but not a "healing" as the one Jesus provides. Not everyone can afford medicine in 3rd world countries you know, not to mention provided medicine. They are poor. There are many Christian organizations going to these countries and HEALING these "lost souls" both physically and spiriutally. Why? GOD's grace and love through Jesus Christ, in the Holy Spirit.

Amen

13. amie

amie New Member

Well said, Chad!
    Jesus said, "Your faith has healed you..."
    I don't remember Him saying, "Modern technology has healed you."
    Faith is something inside you not outside of you (doctors, medicine...).
    Jesus couldn't heal many people in his own hometown because of their lack of faith.
    There is a lack of faith in this country as well. That's why people rely on science to "heal" them. In those places where the Gospel is new and faith is genuine, healings are taking place in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Amen!

14. MyRedeemerLives

MyRedeemerLives New Member

for I know the man of God is not a scam for when my back was hurt and He prayed for me and announced God is healing some of a lower back injury I was totally healed in The Name Of Jesus.

and the gifts of healing do exist but the reasons why many of you do not believe is because you do not fulfill the commandment of God in Mark Chapter 16 Verses 15 to 20

Mark 16
    15And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17And these signs will follow those who believe: In My Name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18they[1] will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Christ Ascends to God's Right Hand
    (1) 19 So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. 20And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.[2]

15. Chad

Chad Administrator
    Staff Member

Thank you for posting that. That is true and I believe your words. I just want to clarify to all that I do not judge others especially when it comes to what they do, but only take precautions as GOD warned us. It is clearly safe to say that it is not easy in today's world, but we can rely solely on the Word of GOD :)

Amen

16. mymakersdaughter

mymakersdaughter New Member

I'm not questioning whether the man has the healing power but I question the hype around finances & how he expresses the need for money. Doesn't that cause a few eyebrows to go up? God does heal people today, no question.

17. Chad

Chad Administrator
    Staff Member

A message I received from a user on this board via email:

The following message was sent to you via the Talk Jesus Forums & Live Chat Contact Us form by (anonymous).
    --------------------------------

it seams to me that alot of these members comenting on the hinn crusades dont seem to no the word of god very well and they seem to pass judgement on emotion not thinking with reason or common sense it cost million a dollars a month to go on tv it doesnt in clude the fact that to deny some one healing from suffering is evidense of a lack of love for thy neighbor this means there are member who arnt really christians some how those people seem to think that because they have a relgouse beliefe in christ some how that makes them a chistian . christianty is a relationship with christ if any of these members had a relationship with christ then they would know the truth jesus says in john ch 14 verse6 iam the way the truthand the life no one comes to the father except by me this means that if you have christ in you then what you have is truth and not opinion if you express opionion then what you have is a classic case of self centernes that means jesus is not your god so now that you know you have false christians omong your members what do propose to do about i?t

--------------------------------
    User Name: (anonymous)
    ---------------------------------

Well folks, feel free to respond to someone who insulted just about everyone of you, to me instead of being straightforward with you. Remember you are to be loving, forgiving and understanding to Truth, not your own opinions. However, I felt insulted and this person felt the need to continue with this second email:

----------------------------------

Dear Chad, as far as you accusing me of passing judgment, Jesus was accused of the very same thing by the religious sect. But Jesus was merely speaking the truth. I also, being minister of the lord, am responsible for speaking the that very same truth. It says in the word of God Thu shalt not touch mine anointed servant. There are many who have suffered incurrable diseases and have been healed at The Benny Hinn crusades. You don't dare open up your mouth and speak a bad word against God. For God is a holy God and ,as far as people accusing me of being a false Christian, I have suffered torture in the hands of a terrorist for three days who left me for dead at a construction site where my body was dumped. Therefore people accusing me of being a false Christian does not hurt my feelings because I live my life centered around Christ and not myself. Jesus says in John 14:6, I am the way the truth and the life. There fore what is in me is truth and not opinion.( please excuse my dyslexic writing at times i struggle with that) But if you choose not to recognize the power of God's kingdom and his word. And if you choose not to have reverential fear for such.And you don't, want to see that Jesus is going to split the sky soon and your going to be left behind because you are still centered around your self than go right ahead more power to you.
    Sincerely,
    (anonymous)
    A Highly Anointed
    Prophetess of God

-----------------------

Now, does "A Highly Anointed Prophetess of God" walk around boasting about who they are, what GOD has made them to be and insult others? I would like all of us to have this rational discussion because afterall, this is a common problem with Christianity today.

Well, if that is not insulting and judging someone then I would like someone to clarify and correct me on this. This board that GOD has used through me in JESUS' name has helped many people.

1. One father from killing himself
    2. Teens getting saved
    3. Ex-satanic worshippings to getting to know and invite Jesus into their lives
    4. And the list goes on.

Thank you Jesus. Pleaes have mercy on this person and forgive her, and myself if I have done anything wrong to hurt you or your kingdom. Amen.

#17 Chad, Oct 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2004
  18. mymakersdaughter

Well Chad that took a lot of guts to post that...good on you. Well, as far as someone feeling they have right to "judge" my faith, they need some time with the Father. All because I don't agree with someone making false prophesies & doing the guilt trip/pressure to gain finances, that okay because God gave us the Spirit of Truth to discipher His Word and anybody else's word for that matter. Jesus never pressured anyone, He never asked for money let alone more money.

The person who wrote the first email expressed many opinions therefore by his/her own definition he/she declared himself/herself not a Christian, that does not make any sense. It is a paradoxical arguement that does not make sense. Please find me the Chapter and verse where it is stated in the Bible that we are not permitted opinions.

To the second email:
    You are equating Benny Hinn to God, plain and simple this is a blasphemis statement. So far as "not touching my anointed one," the annoiting comes directly from God and is not self proclaimed. Any self proclaimed annoiting comes from man and had nothing to do with God's will, purpose or true priesthood. Christ healed, I don't recall Him ever having a crusade or asking people for money.

I will never be "A (self proclaimed) Highly Annointed Prophetess of God" as my goal in this Life is only to a servent. Those that declare titles among themselves should look at Christ and His example, for He never claimed any of the titles that were rightly due Him when He was here amongst us. My concern would be claiming a false title from God and bringing judgement on oneself.

So is this the open discussion we can have? ;)
    Chad, do not be dismayed by the comments made by others. All that matters is the focus on Christ & who He is in your life. This is a great Forum you have put together. Jesus is glorified here and that is all that matters at the end of the day. May God continue to Bless you richly as you seek to serve Him.

19. mymakersdaughter

The Holy Spirit lives within those that are Born Again, we are all servents of God; that we all can call Him "Abba Father."

As Born Again Christians, we are a very special people to God. Not one is greater than another. I do not need claim any special title from God nor should any Born Again Christian claim any special title.

1 Peter 2:9 -10 NKJV "You are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light, who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy."

So can I speak for you Chad...?

20. Chad

Chad Administrator
    Staff Member

Thank you mymakersdaughter

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.