• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Are You Ready And Receptive?

Staff Member
He replied, "You are permitted to understand the secret of the Kingdom of God. But I use parables for everything I say to outsiders, so that the Scriptures might be fulfilled: 'When they see what I do, they will learn nothing. When they hear what I say, they will not understand. Otherwise, they will turn to me and be forgiven.'" Mark 4:11-12 NLT

Don’t skim today’s New Testament scripture reading. All twenty verses are packed with practical truths.

Throughout this Gospel’s first three chapters, Mark shows a marked progression in the size of the crowds coming out to see and hear Jesus. The exclamation point is today’s first verse, which speaks of a huge crowd in the thousands. (This doesn’t mean that Jesus won’t continue to draw huge numbers. Just the opposite. From this point forward, He continues to draw the masses.)

In verses 2-9, Jesus presents one of His most famous parables—the parable of the soils. In verse 10, the masses have left and the followers of Jesus, including the apostles, ask Jesus to explain this parable. Then you have the two verses quoted above. In the very net verse, Jesus says: “Do you see how this story works? All my stories work this way.” Then Jesus explains the parable in verses 14-20.

Don’t rush through verse 20. In it, Jesus commends those who “hear the Word, embrace it, and produce a harvest.” That’s the man you want to be!

Prayer: Lord, transform me. May I always long to hear and embrace Your Word.

Staff Member
Greetings,

i think the desire to be that man is proportionate to the desire to fully (if possible) comprehend with awe the 'being permitted to understand', especially in the light of those who do not (yet), of whom we once were. O the Mercy and Grace of God in Christ Jesus the Lord
Reminds me of KK's song, Why Me Lord

Thank you Brother, another good word you shared

Bless you ....><>