• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Are You Like Joseph of Arimathea?

Staff Member
As evening approached, Joseph, a rich man from Arimathea who had become a follower of Jesus, went to Pilate and asked for Jesus' body. And Pilate issued an order to release it to him. Matthew 27:57-58

The cast of characters changes from one Gospel to the next—except for John the Baptist, Mary, the apostles, the Pharisees, and Pilate. And somebody named Joseph of Arimathea, who appears on the stage for a brief moment, then exits, never to be heard from again.

Scripture says Joseph was from a village in the hill country northwest of Jerusalem. It says he was rich, “an honored member of the high council….(who) was waiting for the Kingdom of God to come” (Mark 15:43 NLT), “a good and righteous man” who “had not agreed with the decision and actions of the other religious leaders” (Luke 23:50-51 NLT) and “who had been a secret disciple of Jesus” (John 19:38 NLT).

As far as one can tell, Joseph had no idea he was fulfilling the prophecy that the Messiah’s body would be “buried…in a rich man’s grave” (Isaiah 53:9 NLT).

To one degree or another, most Christians find it hard to be outspoken about their faith in Jesus Christ. You certainly are not alone when you feel nervous, hesitant, or afraid. But like Joseph, gather your courage and obey the Holy Spirit’s promptings to honor and glorify Jesus Christ.

Prayer: Lord, transform me. Like Joseph of Arimathea, I don’t hide my faith in the Lord Jesus.

Loyal
Yes, it has been kinda dangerous to speak up concerning Jesus, in the USA. And I think it is going to get worst. You can talk about “love” but not the “Agape” kind. Mmmm.