• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

An encouragement and exhortation of enduring for the sake of God

Active
I am writing this for @KittyLinda and for all those who are going through hardship and misery in their lives to encourage and exhort all of you to endure everything in your life till the end for the sake of God.

What is our purpose in life? Why did God put us in this world? In my opinion, it is for us to learn our life lessons through our mistakes and become the best versions of ourselves. By that I don't mean become the wealthiest person with the highest academic degree, accolades and social status. What is highly esteemed among men is an abomination to God (a verse from the Bible) because these things lead us away from God and make us selfish and proud. I mean become the best versions of ourselves in terms of our character and virtues, evidenced by our behavior and lifestyles, regardless of our economic, education and social status.

It is very easy for us, in our misery, to question God's justice and character. Some of us who cannot part with what we have then decide to leave God and choose this world's pleasure. But this choice is not the wise one. What we have in this world is temporary, what we have with God is eternal. To forsake what is eternal for what is temporary is a choice all will regret when they do realise what they have lost.

The ultimate question is why does God allow us and even ask us to endure suffering and misery? First and foremost, we have brought all this suffering onto ourselves when we sin and depart from God. We have become a collectively selfish creation of God because we don't want to listen to God, we don't want Him to exist (atheism) so we can live lives according to our own desires rather than according to God's righteousness. So when we become selfish, we start harming one another and ourselves along the way to meet our own desires. Except for Jesus, a completely selfless Man who didn't live a moment for Himself, not a single person in this world is selfless, and because of this, the Bible declares that NO ONE is righteous. Selfishness is the primary sin of mankind and is the driving force of every crime and war, and because of this primary sin, we will inevitably suffer.

Most importantly, God has given a good purpose for suffering. When we suffer for pursuing righteousness and we suffer injustice, we become a better person as time passes by enduring it and learning from it. We become stronger through endurance, wiser in knowing God's will and more compassionate towards others who also suffer. This is why God did not put an end to suffering, so that we can possess these character traits with time. This ties in with our purpose in life - to become the best versions of ourselves.

God wants to perfect us as individuals so we will be one with Him in heart and mind, and this life of temporary misery is our school. No lesson in a good school is going to be easy to pass, so it is those who endure and persist that gets the honor and reward they deserve. Is it not a worthwhile cause for us to persist in endurance in our tribulations so we receive the honor of a perfected character and crown of eternal life?

Active
Thank you dear sister. Christian moms in my church tried to help, but sometimes I just wish I did not talk to them about my life lol. They pray and encourage me, but they have no idea what is it like to be in my situation. They are in line with what the bible says about marriage, and do not face my troubles. I wanted to tell you that I can relate, because of your family situation. You have been a great source of motivation in my life after hearing your story, and I can't imagine being the only Christian in my family. With all my family support, and I still struggle in my walk with God.

I do not want to seek this world's pleasure, and I know how sin has spiritual consequences. During my deliverance service, God freed me, and he severed these spiritual ties with my current partner, but I have responsibilities towards him. He is the father of my daughter, and then there are moral and legal matters involved in my current situation.

God bless.
Linda,

Active
Thank you dear sister. Christian moms in my church tried to help, but sometimes I just wish I did not talk to them about my life lol. They pray and encourage me, but they have no idea what is it like to be in my situation. They are in line with what the bible says about marriage, and do not face my troubles. I wanted to tell you that I can relate, because of your family situation. You have been a great source of motivation in my life after hearing your story, and I can't imagine being the only Christian in my family. With all my family support, and I still struggle in my walk with God.

I do not want to seek this world's pleasure, and I know how sin has spiritual consequences. During my deliverance service, God freed me, and he severed these spiritual ties with my current partner, but I have responsibilities towards him. He is the father of my daughter, and then there are moral and legal matters involved in my current situation.

God bless.
Linda,

I have nothing to say except that all glory belongs to our God and our Savior Jesus. I am glad my testimony was a motivation for you, you can find on the Internet many more testimonials which are inspiring and testifying of God's faithfulness. Keep fighting the good fight of faith.