Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 62
Facebook Tweet Share
shares
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    77
    Posts
    5,282
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by jari View Post
    I have couple of problems with this video. Bible says when person dies he doesnt go instantly to hell... But is waiting for last judgement.
    Chad, While scripture doesn't expressly say that people don't go to hell instantly when they die, Mt 25:31-33 would seem to imply that they wait until Judgement day to be sent there.

    SLE
    I want to be a coin in God's pocket that He can spend any way He wishes.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    13
    Gender
    Female
    "She also saw kids in hell."

    Kids in Hell???? Do you all believe this?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    106
    Gender
    Female
    Quote Originally Posted by jari View Post
    Also according to parable of rich man and lazarus no one was sent to warn the brothers of the rich man even he asked.


    Luk 16:27-31
    (27) Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
    (28) For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
    (29) Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
    (30) And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
    (31) And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

    It seems that the video contradicts bible in many ways.

    I quite agree with jari.


    Though I am not sure about this, I think that people from the dead will rise again and then be judged.

    From 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
    16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

    And there is also a passage that the devil will suffer with the non-believers.

    Revelations 20:10;14-15

    20:10 The devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet are also. They will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

    20:14 Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

    20:15 If anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.


    Though I agree that entertainment of today was far from the Truth...and these might lead to sin.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    106
    Gender
    Female
    Moreover, let us be prepared in His coming...whether the testimony is true or not, let us be prepared. And I think we must not praise and obey Him because of fear in heaven or hell (this was my mistake for a couple of years) but because of His unfailing love..:)

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    somewhere else
    Posts
    4,870
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by WantToKnowHim View Post
    Moreover, let us be prepared in His coming...whether the testimony is true or not, let us be prepared. And I think we must not praise and obey Him because of fear in heaven or hell (this was my mistake for a couple of years) but because of His unfailing love..:)
    Very, very true WTKH, reminds me of something John said.

    We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world. Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love. 1John 4:16-18
    Religion is an ugly tyrant.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,520
    Gender
    Male
    Hi jiggyfly and WantToKnowHim,

    i wonder when you say be prepared do you mean ready in sense that you will be saved? Beacause this is what some people seems to believe, im just unsure where you guys are coming from?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    somewhere else
    Posts
    4,870
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by jari View Post
    Hi jiggyfly and WantToKnowHim,

    i wonder when you say be prepared do you mean ready in sense that you will be saved? Beacause this is what some people seems to believe, im just unsure where you guys are coming from?
    Well I can't speak for WTKH but the scripture I posted has to do with spiritual maturity and if you have any fear than God's love hasn't done it's full work in you yet and still need some maturing.
    Religion is an ugly tyrant.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,520
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggyfly View Post
    Well I can't speak for WTKH but the scripture I posted has to do with spiritual maturity and if you have any fear than God's love hasn't done it's full work in you yet and still need some maturing.
    So you see that as requirement for salvation, maturity (in love)? Did i understand you correct.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    106
    Gender
    Female
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggyfly View Post
    Well I can't speak for WTKH but the scripture I posted has to do with spiritual maturity and if you have any fear than God's love hasn't done it's full work in you yet and still need some maturing.
    Thanks jiggyfly..:)

    In the things which means to be "ready", it means that your life is GOd-ward,,not money-ward, not lovesickness-ward.

    What I think it mean is, you need to be prepared in the sense that you are doing what God wants us to do. It means that although you are not perfect in doing good things, you are still doing what God wants us to do..

    This parable will give my opinion some support.
    Luke 12:35-40

    [35] "Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning, [36] like men waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him. [37] It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes. I tell you the truth, he will dress himself to serve, will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them. [38] It will be good for those servants whose master finds them ready, even if he comes in the second or third watch of the night. [39] But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have let his house be broken into. [40] You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."

    Say in a simple word you are a servant,, and then your Lord told you to do the dishes, clean the house and have his bed ready when He comes home. You do those things..so you are "prepared". Let's say then that the Lord arrived and you done nothing unto the tasks He said,,nor you made an effort to do it at all. Would you expect a salary on it? No. The salary on it is His salvation and living with Him through eternity.

    Hope this helps.:)

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Age
    34
    Posts
    13,177
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritLedEd View Post
    Chad, While scripture doesn't expressly say that people don't go to hell instantly when they die, Mt 25:31-33 would seem to imply that they wait until Judgement day to be sent there.

    SLE
    I agree with you on this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Vision of Kingdom of Heaven and Hell by Chad
    By PrinceMichael in forum Evidence & Bible Prophecy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-29-11, 10:32 PM
  2. A Vision Of Hell
    By Chad in forum Sermons
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-08, 02:28 PM
  3. A Vision Of Hell
    By Chad in forum Sermons
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-08, 11:25 PM
  4. Hell in heaven?!?!?!??!
    By 4ever_Thankful in forum Bible Study Hall
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-10-06, 10:33 AM
  5. Heaven or Hell????
    By myhoneyljc in forum Bible Study Hall
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-06, 08:21 AM

Thread Participants: 18

About us

Welcome to Talk Jesus Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You will need to register before you can post. Our Purpose: spread the Good News to the ends of the Earth [Mark 16:15]. We're also here to edify the church [Ephesians 4:11-12]. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. We love you and glad you are here!

 

ask & you shall receive...

Please feel comfortable and ask your questions freely in the appropriate forum. As a community, we will help you find the answers about Jesus / GOD, Bible, general life questions and so forth. We're here to support you and each other.

 

faq forum etiquette surprise me!

 

the evidence topical studies
let's socialize
our facebook friends
Facebook Tweet StumbleUpon Digg Email Print Share
shares