Talk Jesus needs some moderators and I am ready to add enough to create a full dozen: 12 apostles as in Scripture.
To Qualify: reply to this thread with the following information
- brief but clear detail of what you believe in (be descriptive and informative)
- your physical location (state / country)
- your computer technical skills (be descriptive)
- how often do you visit Talk Jesus?
- your views, intentions and goal on Talk Jesus as an already registered member
- explain why you should be a moderator and why you qualify
Note: I ask God to guide me with His Holy Spirit in all my decisions. Do not feel offended if you are not chosen. Please do not ask me to make you a mod either. The sole decision comes from me and I have my heart and ears open to GOD's guidance.
Most likely I will select those who have been a registered and active member for at least 2-3 months and have at least 100 posts minimum. Do NOT start posting all over the board to earn the minimum post qualification. This will actually deter you from qualifying.
Talk Jesus is a precious "rock", GOD's online church, ministry and awesome community for all to fellowship. You should and must ask GOD for guidance yourself as well to see if He finds you right for a moderator position. Please do not reply / pm me telling me that GOD has chosen you :) I love GOD and so do you, but anyone can tell me GOD has said this and that to him or her. I do not speak against that (forbid I do) but it really comes down to GOD speaking to me and telling me who is right to choose. Reason why I ask you to ask GOD as well is because, well you now that GOD says if 2 or more gather together in His name, the prayer is stronger.
Are you ready? This is a big responsiblity not a joke or a simple task. It is not life threatening either but nonetheless every action you make as a moderator can easily be for or against GOD with or without your conscience telling you so. Always say at least a quick, simple, humble and sincere prayer before entering Talk Jesus. Ask GOD in Jesus' name for wisdom, guidance and armour. You need patience in this position, wisdom, true devotion to GOD and to His online church here at Talk Jesus. If you feel even slightly not "100%" about this it is best to not reply and apply.
Moderator Statement of Commitment
A Moderator position is one of accountability and commitment. Being a Moderator for sake of status is not the Lords will, nor is it helpful to the plans at Talk Jesus. Moderators must take this responsibility as a servant, committed to the cause of Christ while in the same way being committed to the order set in place by the leader of Talk Jesus. Any who wish to become a Moderator must ask themselves the following questions.
1. Do I believe in God and am I ready to serve him in his house of meeting.
2. Am I willing to continue in prayer for Gods will to be followed out in all areas of Talk Jesus, and maintain support for all Gods appointed leaders in prayer and deeds?
3. Am I ready to committee my time to Moderating Talk Jesus as a service unto God.
4. Am I willing to accept all the guidelines set before me by the chosen leader at Talk Jesus knowing that his is not a self appointed position, but one established by God himself?
Rules and Standard for Moderating
Moderating this site is so members here will be allowed to openly share Jesus Christ without the threat of evil conduct interfering with the ability to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a free environment. The goal of appointing 12 Moderators to Talk Jesus is both biblical in its responsibility, but also needed in the daily task of this web site.
Jesus Christ appointed 12 Apostles to walk with and learn the truth of the gospel so the 12 could further the truth after he was finished his mission here on earth. But, when Jesus sent the Apostles out to minister, he sent them out two at a time , to pray and watch over each other in their service . Now the 12 take on a different nature in it's application. When Jesus was here, the Apostles had all they needed. But Jesus also said that a day will come when they will need each other because he would go ahead and prepare a place for them in his Fathers house.
The reason for 12 now is so we as part of the 12 can have Godly counsel, and also stand under accountability to each other before the Father in Heaven. This accountability includes equal parts in the task of Moderating Talk Jesus. As a Moderator , we all must put in the time needed to allow us all to have our times of rest and prayer /family / vacations /etc ... All Moderators must ask themselves , are they ready to committee to putting time into the Moderating task , or Not ? Here are some outlines that are not very hard when you think about the task and responsibility you are seeking.
1. As a Moderator, you must been willing to add a Moderating schedule to you weekly planning.
2. Unless you have given notice to the Moderator team through the Mod room, you are required to sign online for at least 4 hours a week, at a minimum. Remember, the others are counting on you being here so they can rest, or whatever they must do in their personal lives.
3. Disappearance for more than 7 days without notice will automatically dismiss you from the Moderating Team. You will not be banned, but replaced for a lack of accountability to your team.
4. Failure to attend all Moderator meetings must be posted before the meeting at least 8 hr's prior unless of emergency reasons. Moderator meetings are our time of communion together and are very important for our edification, and fellowship.
5. Moderation of Talk Jesus is a ministry! It should be treated as such! This is a 24/7 Christian fellowship. It also needs to be tended to 24/7 by at least 1 Moderator at all times.
6. If these standards are something you cannot fulfill, tells us and we will move on. A Moderator without commitment is no help in moving Talk Jesus ahead as God intended. Remember, we all have personal lives and you will not be judged for stepping away if needed.
7. If it is your scheduled time to be online, and another Moderator logs in. It is not so you can leave and let the responsibility be on the other Moderator. Some have more time that others and will use it as they wish.
These are just some guidelines to follow so that all the Moderators will be fresh in their Spirits, and able to handle personal responsibilities. Everything comes and goes in seasons, Moderating is no different. The commitment to be a Moderator is a team commitment before God. We must become a unified team, accountable to each, other and , equally responsible for serving God and Talk Jesus .
Please take these things serious, because without them, our leader will get burned out and find no joy in all Gods plans here. Teamwork is the acceptable way to Moderate, and also be successful in moving Talk Jesus in the direction God intended it to go.
Thank you in advance for all of you at Talk Jesus :)