Word 4 U 2day/THE CALL TO LEADERSHIP (1)
THE CALL TO LEADERSHIP (1)
‘…Rise and stand on your feet…’
If God has called you to leadership, you’ll be unfulfilled in any other role. God told Paul, ‘Rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister…’ Notice what the call to leadership requires:
1) Competence. You must recognise your gifts, and then channel your energies into where you’re most likely to succeed. That means acknowledging your limitations and helping equip others to fill them. To do that, you must be secure.
2) Courage. Scott Peck said, ‘The best decision makers are those willing to suffer the most over their decisions but still retain their ability to be decisive.’ Good leaders are not necessarily the cleverest or most creative people, they’re just the ones with the courage to step out and go first. So, ‘…Be thou strong and very courageous’ (Joshua 1:7 KJV).
3) Clarity. Your life’s vision may come at once, but the steps are revealed over time. Don’t allow a lack of answers to leave you paralysed. Be clear about your goal, even though you’re not certain as to the details.
4) Coaching. Without a good coach you’ll never be as good as you could be. If you’re hoping to learn everything from personal experience, all the best; you’ll have to outlive Methuselah!
5) Character. You can lead without character, but you can’t be a leader worth following. Character provides the moral authority to bring together the people and resources needed to get the job done. Your talent has the potential to take you places where your character can’t sustain you. That thought should keep you on your knees.
written by Bob Gass
:love: Colossians 3:2-3, "Set you minds on things above, not on earthy things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God." (NIV) :angel: