there are 613 people online

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,894
    Gender
    Male
    Post Likes

    Embracing The Holy Spirit

    EMBRACE THE HOLY SPIRIT

    John 16:7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you."

    JOHN 16:7

    The Greek word translated "expedient" means "to be an advantage; profitable. How could any situation be more advantageous or profitable than having Jesus physically with you?
    When Jesus walked on this earth in His physical body, He was subject to many physical limitations. For instance, He could not always be with every one of His disciples all the time.
    Through the ministry of the Holy Spirit, He could. Instead of Satan getting rid of Jesus, 12 "little Christís" (that is literally what the word "Christian" means) came out of the upper room on the day of Pentecost.
    Jesus taught His disciples as no teacher ever had; yet they had very little understanding because they were not born again. However, when the Holy Spirit came, He led them into all truth and even showed them things to come.

    The list of advantages of having the Holy Spirit in us as compared to having Jesus with us in His physical body goes on and on. The advantages can all be summed up in that Jesus' power is now complete (Mt. 28:18) and no longer confined to one physical body.

    There is no such thing as victorious Christian living without a moment-by-moment, hour-by-hour, day-by-day dependence upon the Spirit of God. Not only is the Christian life hard to live but it is impossible to live without the power of God Himself.

    You don't live the Christian Life as much as God lives His life through you.
    Its not your works but His; Its not your understanding but His, all from the Holy Spirit. He is the vine and we are the branches.
    Blessings
    " I'll see you here or I will see you up there or I will see you in the air"!.....Beam me up , Lord!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,904
    Gender
    Male
    Post Likes
    Amen brother Joe. The Christian life cannot be lived in ones own strength for that is simply the flesh trying to glorify itself.
    Psa 62:5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,894
    Gender
    Male
    Post Likes
    Originally Posted by Boanerges View Post
    Amen brother Joe. The Christian life cannot be lived in ones own strength for that is simply the flesh trying to glorify itself.
    Yes, I find so many Christians that have missed this simply truth of Grace. That Grace is free gift and there is nothing you can do to earn it or maintain it, except the action of recieving it, like a birthday gift, and then allowing God to live His life in You.

    In the New Covenant, God has taken us completely out of the equation; there is no need for sacrifices, water baptism, speaking of tongues,,etc. .

    Thanks be to God for the truth that sets us free!
    " I'll see you here or I will see you up there or I will see you in the air"!.....Beam me up , Lord!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Age
    74
    Posts
    5,222
    Gender
    Male
    Post Likes
    "It is expedient for you that I go away......"

    It is "profitable".....as you correctly draw attention bro JOe.

    It is necessary for me to die, and go away or the Spirit cannot come to save men and anoint them to propagate the gospel (Jesus)


    12 "little Christís" (that is literally what the word "Christian" means)

    Jesus said "I am the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE"......Without the WAY there is no GOING, without the TRUTH there is no KNOWING without the LIFE there is no LIVING....Thats what Jesus said.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    somewhere else
    Posts
    4,869
    Gender
    Male
    Post Likes
    Originally Posted by Joe Johnston View Post
    EMBRACE THE HOLY SPIRIT

    John 16:7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you."

    JOHN 16:7

    The Greek word translated "expedient" means "to be an advantage; profitable. How could any situation be more advantageous or profitable than having Jesus physically with you?
    When Jesus walked on this earth in His physical body, He was subject to many physical limitations. For instance, He could not always be with every one of His disciples all the time.
    Through the ministry of the Holy Spirit, He could. Instead of Satan getting rid of Jesus, 12 "little Christís" (that is literally what the word "Christian" means) came out of the upper room on the day of Pentecost.
    Jesus taught His disciples as no teacher ever had; yet they had very little understanding because they were not born again. However, when the Holy Spirit came, He led them into all truth and even showed them things to come.

    The list of advantages of having the Holy Spirit in us as compared to having Jesus with us in His physical body goes on and on. The advantages can all be summed up in that Jesus' power is now complete (Mt. 28:18) and no longer confined to one physical body.

    There is no such thing as victorious Christian living without a moment-by-moment, hour-by-hour, day-by-day dependence upon the Spirit of God. Not only is the Christian life hard to live but it is impossible to live without the power of God Himself.

    You don't live the Christian Life as much as God lives His life through you.
    Its not your works but His; Its not your understanding but His, all from the Holy Spirit. He is the vine and we are the branches.
    Blessings
    Very good post Joe, this is a truth that must be applied to everything concerning our walk with Jesus and all our thinking.

    God's plan can only be accomplished His way and ofcourse we know that it is not by power or might but by HolySpirit.
    Religion is an ugly tyrant.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    somewhere else
    Posts
    4,869
    Gender
    Male
    Post Likes
    Originally Posted by Joe Johnston View Post
    Yes, I find so many Christians that have missed this simply truth of Grace. That Grace is free gift and there is nothing you can do to earn it or maintain it, except the action of recieving it, like a birthday gift, and then allowing God to live His life in You.

    In the New Covenant, God has taken us completely out of the equation; there is no need for sacrifices, water baptism, speaking of tongues,,etc. .

    Thanks be to God for the truth that sets us free!
    Yes Hallelujah! God's grace is amazing, because it works only by Father and is not dependant on anything else, it's unstoppable.
    Religion is an ugly tyrant.

Topic Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Holy Spirit
    By Chad in forum Polls
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 09-15-13, 02:51 PM
  2. You don't have the Holy Spirit
    By johnpaul in forum Sermons
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-13-10, 12:43 AM
  3. Holy Spirit Have your way.
    By rizen1 in forum Counseling
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-09-09, 11:31 AM
  4. Who is the Holy Spirit?
    By Chad in forum Bible Study
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-06, 08:52 PM
  5. The New Age Of The Holy Spirit
    By jiggyfly in forum Bible Study
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-06, 06:41 PM

Participants: 3

About us

Welcome to Talk Jesus Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You will need to register before you can post. Our Purpose: spread the Good News to the ends of the Earth [Mark 16:15]. We're also here to edify the church [Ephesians 4:11-12]. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. We love you and glad you are here!

 

ask & you shall receive...

Please feel comfortable and ask your questions freely in the appropriate forum. As a community, we will help you find the answers about Jesus / GOD, Bible, general life questions and so forth. We're here to support you and each other.

 

faq forum etiquette surprise me!

 

the evidence topical studies
let's socialize
our facebook friends