Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43
Facebook Tweet Share
shares
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Branson, MO
    Posts
    1,339
    Gender
    Male

    Is the devil a mind reader???

    For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him
    spirit...... mind....... spirit......... mind.... both different.

    The mind or soul is the flesh realm. It allows us to navigate and function on this planet. We are spirits in a flesh body. We have a outward soul or mind to comprehends our surroundings.

    The devil minds the things of the flesh. We have many examples of him motivating people by placing thoughts in the mind. Peter for example.

    We don't have a scripture that says Satan can read minds....... we do have a scripture though that tells us to cast down every imagination that exalts itself against the Word of God.

    2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

    Can Satan read minds though.......

    One example may be Jesus being tempted in the desert. Satan would have had to known what Jesus was thinking or else it would not have really been a temptation.

    I think it is safe to say that on the realm of mental thinking, Satan does know what your thinking about or he would have nothing to really tempt you on. Simply knowing what you will think and meditate on gives him an idea of what buttons to push and what thoughts to broadcast.

    Because the devil is not all knowing you can check this out...

    If you ever had a gross, and sick thought then thought that is just stupid and you would never do that. You can be assured that was not your thought. Just a satanic probe to see what you will take hold of, and meditate on.

    UNFAIR ADVANTAGE??

    NO, Satan is at the unfair advantage even though he does know what your thinking...... First he is powerless, and has to seek (That means look everywhere) for people to devour. He just can't come in and wipe you out. He does not have the ability to do so.

    SIN?

    Once again...... Satan can't do anything here. The scripture says that we are drawn away and enticed by our own lust and desire. Satan may be the one that is enticing and drawing, but he is only able to do so because he found something we will give thought to, and meditate on..... (Like that pretty neighbor next door)

    Cast down those imaginations, and think on these things... like good report stuff, full of virtue stuff... Not the pretty neighbor.

    So.............

    Satan has to look for people to devour. He is defeated and powerless. The only way for him to bring anything to pass in our life is that we have to agree with him. Without our agreement, he can't do it. Think about that next time before you say. "I can't afford this, or I am always sick."

    Just remember that what Job feared most is exactly those things that happened to him.... and God told us over 58 times to fear not and 48 times to be not afraid...... You think God meant that for a reason??

    Jesus Is Lord.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    1,081
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine307 View Post
    Pixie, as far as I know a Christian cannot be possessed by the devil because the Holy Spirit lives in us. 1 Cor 3:16 " Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?" satan cannot dwell in the same temple as the Holy Spirit. A Christian can however be oppressed by the devil - one meaning of oppression is "when someone feels anxious and uncomfortable." Hope this helps a little. :love:
    Remember though that being possessed and having a resident devil are not the same thing. Possession means 'totally owned and controlled by'

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    1,081
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mike View Post
    spirit...... mind....... spirit......... mind.... both different.

    The mind or soul is the flesh realm. It allows us to navigate and function on this planet. We are spirits in a flesh body. We have a outward soul or mind to comprehends our surroundings.

    The devil minds the things of the flesh. We have many examples of him motivating people by placing thoughts in the mind. Peter for example.

    We don't have a scripture that says Satan can read minds....... we do have a scripture though that tells us to cast down every imagination that exalts itself against the Word of God.

    2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

    Can Satan read minds though.......

    One example may be Jesus being tempted in the desert. Satan would have had to known what Jesus was thinking or else it would not have really been a temptation.

    I think it is safe to say that on the realm of mental thinking, Satan does know what your thinking about or he would have nothing to really tempt you on. Simply knowing what you will think and meditate on gives him an idea of what buttons to push and what thoughts to broadcast.

    Because the devil is not all knowing you can check this out...

    If you ever had a gross, and sick thought then thought that is just stupid and you would never do that. You can be assured that was not your thought. Just a satanic probe to see what you will take hold of, and meditate on.

    UNFAIR ADVANTAGE??

    NO, Satan is at the unfair advantage even though he does know what your thinking...... First he is powerless, and has to seek (That means look everywhere) for people to devour. He just can't come in and wipe you out. He does not have the ability to do so.

    SIN?

    Once again...... Satan can't do anything here. The scripture says that we are drawn away and enticed by our own lust and desire. Satan may be the one that is enticing and drawing, but he is only able to do so because he found something we will give thought to, and meditate on..... (Like that pretty neighbor next door)

    Cast down those imaginations, and think on these things... like good report stuff, full of virtue stuff... Not the pretty neighbor.

    So.............

    Satan has to look for people to devour. He is defeated and powerless. The only way for him to bring anything to pass in our life is that we have to agree with him. Without our agreement, he can't do it. Think about that next time before you say. "I can't afford this, or I am always sick."

    Just remember that what Job feared most is exactly those things that happened to him.... and God told us over 58 times to fear not and 48 times to be not afraid...... You think God meant that for a reason??

    Jesus Is Lord.
    Mike I have to disagree on Satan's knowing your thoughts. True He can put thoughts into your mind, just as I can put a thought into your mind. How do I do that? I speak it to you. Can Satan know your thoughts? Yes! But only when you speak it. Satan is not omniscient. He does not know everything. He's no dummy though. He can extrapolate what you are thinking by your words and actions. My opinion only

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    19
    Gender
    Female
    I also think that Satan can not know our thoughts...but lets face it he does not need to with most of us as we cannot keep our mouths shut. (well me anyway)

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    1,081
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by spottydog View Post
    I also think that Satan can not know our thoughts...but lets face it he does not need to with most of us as we cannot keep our mouths shut. (well me anyway)
    Oh ain't that the truth! Most of us run off at the mouth, never putting our brains in gear at all. We just spit out words to see how they splatter and usually get ugly results. Then we wonder why God is putting that crap on us. Smart. Top of the food chain. Most intelligent species. LOLOL People are funny.:angel:

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Branson, MO
    Posts
    1,339
    Gender
    Male

    As I mentioned..........

    Just as I have mentioned... There is no scripture that supports Satans ability to know our thoughts..............

    So..............

    A) He is very perceptive with the thoughts he plants and notices our outward response.

    B) He can not know the mind of our spirit, but can know our flesh outward mind (brain) and knows if we are taking heed to his thoughts.

    There is scriptural proof for A but not fully B............

    I believe he can operate in our mind realm and can read thoughts. I see that in Mediums that use failure spirits. I have seen this in operation more times than I can count. I even had a so called Satan worshiper or whatever he called himself be able to read what I was thinking... It was not by the spirit of God he had done this. I was not impressed though.

    So whatever stance you take on this does not give Satan any advantage over us for we are wise to his devices.......

    Jesus Is Lord.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    1,081
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mike View Post
    Just as I have mentioned... There is no scripture that supports Satans ability to know our thoughts..............

    So..............

    A) He is very perceptive with the thoughts he plants and notices our outward response.

    B) He can not know the mind of our spirit, but can know our flesh outward mind (brain) and knows if we are taking heed to his thoughts.

    There is scriptural proof for A but not fully B............

    I believe he can operate in our mind realm and can read thoughts. I see that in Mediums that use failure spirits. I have seen this in operation more times than I can count. I even had a so called Satan worshiper or whatever he called himself be able to read what I was thinking... It was not by the spirit of God he had done this. I was not impressed though.

    So whatever stance you take on this does not give Satan any advantage over us for we are wise to his devices.......

    Jesus Is Lord.
    Hmmm I obviously misunderstooded you Sorry

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    206
    Gender
    Female
    I believe that Satan is able to know our thoughts, how else would he go to the Father to accuse us? In the spiritual dimension I think we are an open book, that is why it is important to remember to think on whatever is good, whatever is profitable to the kingdom of God.

    I do not believe Satan controls our thoughts, but he will certainly run with sinful thoughts and try to persuade us to continue to dwell on those things that will further separate us from God. When I say 'Satan" I do not say that the 'person' of Satan is this omni present being because he is not, but there are demonic imps just waiting for a weak Christian to be led astray. Anyone who thinks out of Gods will becomes a Satanic force, until they come back into submission to God by repentance.

    A Christian is just a label in the whole scheme of things. God knows the heart and just because someone thinks so and so is a Christian does not mean that they could not become overwhelmed by satanic possession. (Addictions etc.) When we repent, and once again get under the blood of Christ we are healed.

    Thank God for grace, or we would never have any hope.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    181
    Gender
    Male
    Satan does tempt, god does save!

    there is free will upon us!

    Please do it for the grace of god!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    1,081
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I believe that Satan is able to know our thoughts, how else would he go to the Father to accuse us? In the spiritual dimension I think we are an open book, that is why it is important to remember to think on whatever is good, whatever is profitable to the kingdom of God.

    I do not believe Satan controls our thoughts, but he will certainly run with sinful thoughts and try to persuade us to continue to dwell on those things that will further separate us from God. When I say 'Satan" I do not say that the 'person' of Satan is this omni present being because he is not, but there are demonic imps just waiting for a weak Christian to be led astray. Anyone who thinks out of Gods will becomes a Satanic force, until they come back into submission to God by repentance.

    A Christian is just a label in the whole scheme of things. God knows the heart and just because someone thinks so and so is a Christian does not mean that they could not become overwhelmed by satanic possession. (Addictions etc.) When we repent, and once again get under the blood of Christ we are healed.

    Thank God for grace, or we would never have any hope.
    I believe that Satan is able to know our thoughts, how else would he go to the Father to accuse us? Satan no longer goes to the Father to accuse us. He accuses us to us. Shame blame and guilt If he can feed them to you and you accept it, he wins

    You're right too, Satan cannot control our thoughts but he can feed thoughts to us. That's why Jesus said 'Take no thought....' He even said how we can take the thought. 'Take no thought saying'...
    You take a thought by speaking it. So when Satan puts a thought into your mind let it die stillborn. Replace it with another. But don't speak it.

    Again....A Christian cannot be possessed by a devil. It cannot happen. Yes a Christian can be used by a devil.. If he allows it

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. My thoughts...
    By skipbeat in forum Testimonials
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-12, 02:01 AM
  2. Satan?
    By CrazyForChrist in forum Bible Study Hall
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-07-06, 10:48 AM
  3. Get Behind Me Satan!
    By fightngwrmwood in forum Bible Study Hall
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-22-06, 01:02 AM
  4. Something about satan...
    By naomi in forum Bible Study Hall
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-03-05, 12:24 AM

Thread Participants: 22

About us

Welcome to Talk Jesus Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You will need to register before you can post. Our Purpose: spread the Good News to the ends of the Earth [Mark 16:15]. We're also here to edify the church [Ephesians 4:11-12]. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. We love you and glad you are here!

 

ask & you shall receive...

Please feel comfortable and ask your questions freely in the appropriate forum. As a community, we will help you find the answers about Jesus / GOD, Bible, general life questions and so forth. We're here to support you and each other.

 

faq forum etiquette surprise me!

 

the evidence topical studies
let's socialize
our facebook friends
Facebook Tweet StumbleUpon Digg Email Print Share
shares